[REL] Players In Server Browser v1.1 [63180]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by DeathByDenim, March 8, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

So, while I was trying to fix my Notes mod to work with the new Gamma patches, I accidentally created a new stand-alone mod. In the server browser, you can normally only see the name of the player that started the game and how many players are currently in the lobby. With this mod, if you select a game, it will also show you who the other players are that are waiting in the lobby.

Mind you, it doesn't distinguish between players and spectators. There doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish that, but I haven't looked very hard yet.

Available in PAMM.

Version 1.0: Initial release
    Version 1.0.1: Made compatible with Notes mod.
    Version 1.1: Made a button in the server browser to show all of the players in all of the games.

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 9, 2014
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

This is showing in PAMM as needing an update, but when you update it it continues to show it needs an update.
  3. DeathByDenim

Oops, I made a minor mistake in uploading my mod. There is a difference in PAMM for Linux and PAMM for Windows with respect to checking the version, so it worked fine for me, but not on Windows. :)
    Anyway, fixed now.
    Quitch likes this.
  4. davedontmind

davedontmind Member

I don't know if it's possible, but it struck me that a nice addition to this mod would be to highlight any games that contain players on your friends list. That way you could easily find someone you like playing with.
  5. DeathByDenim

Hmm, yeah, that should be possible from the looks of it. I guess this mod is turning out to be a thing.

And to nobody in particular: I love the variable called self.blockedFriends in social.js. Those must be some nice friends. :)
    cola_colin and cptconundrum like this.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It doesn't mean that the friends have been blocked. Uber just created a special list for cube-shaped friends.
    trialq, Raevn and DeathByDenim like this.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Works with 62857.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  8. DeathByDenim

Still works in build 63180.
  9. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

If I click on the big "Show Players" button in the server browser, it creates a new game instead, like if I had clicked on "Create Game" just above.
  10. DeathByDenim

Huh, that's strange. I don't use this mod myself anymore since the player names now show in the box at the bottom of the screen, but I guess the "Show Players" button is still useful. I'll have a look later. Should probably be easy to fix.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  11. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Indeed, I might deactivate this mod, since Uber, maybe (surely ?) inspired by this mod, implemented it their way.
    I am just too lazy to assess which mods I would still need after a newer version, hence I kept it enabled (as long as they don't break anything else).
    Thanks for this moment of enlightenment :cool:
    DeathByDenim likes this.