[REL] Complete Unit rooster

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Ksgrip, March 7, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Complete Unit rooster:
    /*Version I don´t remeber it´s number :p*/
    /*Added 2 new units, as well as an obliterator damage buffs and the include of the obliterator and scorcher to the unit cannon*/

Combat fabrication sub
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    the combat fabricator of the seas, way more efficient than the bot one. But limited to deep water.
    Squirmisher:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Unit specialiced in taking out structures, probably the best unit at doing so. Strong and medium range.
    unit taken from modx

/*Version 1.6.5*/
    /*Massive update:
    4 new units added:
    Obliterator:
    Amphibious tank, really slow, great armr, really slow tuning speed and pitch rate but with a massive cannon that deals lots of aoe and direct damage

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bastion:
    Shield tank, doesn´t have any guns but have nearly as much health as a commander, extremely usefull for protecting the front of tank assaults. Expensive

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fussilade:
    Flak tank, rapid fire and big splash radius, not as effective as the turret but good support unit. Expensive.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Scorcher:
    T2 shotgun bot, really effective at close range but with slow rof and low accuracy. More or less cheap.
    High hp for a bot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Kingfisher:
    A torpedo bomber which fills the role of being effective against naval attacks. Finnaly giving a counter to blobs of ships. Is buildable by the T2 air factory.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Smasher:
    Some kind of sniper bot for t1. It is a glass cannon. Expensive dor being a bot, needs energy to work and some low fire rate. But, it one shots tanks and outrange them for 5 meters, moves fast but turns slow.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Strider:
    It is a tank specialiced in killing blobs of bots, but can hardly defend himself against tanks and air.
    Is is buildable by the T2 vehicle factory.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stinger:
    T1 aa bot, designed to eliminate air targets really effectively when above.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The mod also include some balance changes like making the spinner shot at ground units and making it high damage but low rof or the dox not being able to shot at air units.

Thanks to @zx0 , @squishypon3 for the Kingfisher, and the Realm Community for the unit model, animations and the overall structure of the units.
    Really, check his mod : Modx. Realm Community balance and Statera.

Also thanks @s03g for the strat icon. Also check his mod funmod, it is a good mod trut me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stinger is back:

This is a mod that fully includes the old aa bot back to the game. It is focussed on making it a good mobill aa unit that does it´s best in prolonged exposure to it´s fire. Not so much damage per missile but with a really good rof.

The spinner also suffered some changes to make the stinger have a clear role. Now spinner shoot at ground units, with lots of damage per missile but really low rof, doing it best at damaging passing enemy air units. Alongside that it creates some more interesting unit mixses.

Also dox now don´t shoot at air units.

The final stats are shown below:

Stinger:
    - Added aim delay when iddle of 0.5 in order to diferenciate more it´s role.
    - rof to 2.6.
    - Walk speed: 15.
    - Range: 70.
    - Build metal cost 110.
    - Damage: 23.
    - Max health :70.
    - Initial velocity :150.0, max velocity : 200.0.
    - Buildable on the unit cannon.

Spinner:
    - Damage to structures mulltiplier :0.6.
    - HP reduced to 150.
    - Rof increased to 0.75.
    - Missile velocity : 150.
    - Build metal cost: 180.
    - Damage : 54.
    - Splash damage :5.
    - Splash radius :3,
    - Velocity :150.0.
    - Range :85.

Dox:
    -No longer shoots ar air units.

AI builds stingers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Both mods have unit wreckage.

Please leave any feedback on both mods so I keep them balanced. Thanks to everyone.
    Last edited: April 25, 2015
    killerkiwijuice and burntcustard like this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Overpowered. But good work.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Welcome to the illustrious ranks of the PA mod community :)

Being able to fire levellers out of the unit cannon I think might cause issues.

I like the division of roles between the AA units too, though the exact numbers will probably need tweeking, though in-game testing still needed.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

haven't tried the mod yet but
    as in the other thread i do like to make the same suggestion here ... so instead of heaving a bot aa and vehicle aa of the same tech i would say to put up the stinger to t2 but as a shortrange flakvarriant than a missile turret ...

imo you would give botplayers a nice insentive to go t2 aswell to mix up units for more intresting and less spammy but save compositions ... such as a bluehawk + stinger combo

disagree on putting levelers in the cannon they are way too strong to be transported this easy ...
    Last edited: March 10, 2015
    Ksgrip likes this.
  5. s03g

s03g Member

Amazingly @MrTBSC I had a similar idea but I did admittedly forget to talk it over with @Ksgrip so my bad on that 1.

I feel it would give more variety to the game as well as giving it a need I suppose although having said that it makes the player\s life a bit easier if both are available from the start so perhaps if it was slightly different than the vehicle equivalent and had a cost increase associated to it then it could even the balance out perhaps.

I feel somehow I've gone from forum lurker to I dunno what I'd be classed as now come to think of it lol

edit: @MrTBSC don't you mean Levellers?
    Ksgrip likes this.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Thaks to all for your feedback:))
    Regarding the balance:
    I'm thinking in merfing the stinger damage to 23 instead of 28 cause the spinner for example.
    WhatI tried to achieve with adding him to the game is more or lees give bots an early opportunity against air.
    Right now tanks are far superior to bots because it's null capacity of fighting back air.
    Mi vision of te stinger is a short range, highly mobile unit thatbis superior to the spinner. That way groups of doxes aren't open to free bombing runs.
    Om the other hand the spinner is a longer ranged aa unit, nuch less rof, with a heavier punch than the stinger, that can also shoot to the ground.
    I was thinking about nerfing the stinger damage to 23, but keeping the rof. And maybe a cost increase.

As I see it, t2 bots don't need another unit. The have the best anti unit-unit in the game. The slammer is hands down the best multitasking unit and the bluehawk are perfect counters to shellers. What is Needed is a t1 aa bot.
    For the leveller i will test it and if anyone find it reakly lut of place it will go back to hell;p
    Any further feedback is really apreciated;))
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

@squishypon3 @DeathByDenim and any other one who has helped me building the mod please give it a try and tell what you think:))
    Also i will point out that @s03g gave me his help alongside that nice bot icon, and @zx0 for gave me the stinger buildbar icon:))
  8. s03g

s03g Member

Thanks for the credit, I'll take a look as soon as I can :)
  9. thetrophysystem

Give AA to the bluehawk. That gives it even more massive variety usage to the most flexible unit already, but that could be it's purpose. Either way, it's cost in-game already makes it only a support unit, you can't deathball them which is excellent balance. You still want them for their anti-orbital and high-alpha anti-land. Anti-air would give bots an anti-air option late-game. Dox, any t1 units, and even air per-cost would still beat them.
  10. MrTBSC

i think that might make them too powerful ... they would be basicly a landversion of the leviathan ..
    a pure aa bot would be well mixable with any landbased unit without adding tons of power to landbattles ...
    in short i simply don't want the samsonsituation to happen again and we had that already with various t1 aa units and structures ...
    Last edited: April 9, 2015
  11. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I took care o that consideration. Right now in it´s state the stinger is a good aa unit, with low range(interms of aa, remeber the spinner had 100 m radius..) That can do serious damage to air units constantly above him. But it is not so good at taking out air units that just pass.
    It is expensive in bot terms and moves fast.

On the other side we have a spinner less powerfull than before but with ability to fight back ground units.
    Who doesn´t hate it being a missile truck defenceless againts other ground units..
    It is a worse aa platform but overall more usefull in tank blobs.
    I´m thinking in reducing it´s damage to buildings in order to make the inferno conserve it´s role.
    Remember, now has less range but puck a heavier punch against passing air units, but lacks the stinger overall effectivenss trough time.
    I hope that you see clearer how I intended it to be.
    Pd:
    Removed leveller from the unit cannon for the next update.
    Probably I will make an independent mod for that.
  12. thetrophysystem

Spinner is actually stronger if it has 33 damage. Ground AA in vanilla is 25. Still, I get that it contributes to land armies now. That much is circa TA.
  13. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

No it has somthing like 50 with splash damage but with a 0.75 in the new update. So it has les dps than vanilla.
    Tomorrow i will bring the new patch notes:)).
  14. thetrophysystem

The spinner has 50 in vanilla? That would be outstanding.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The spinner aa bot stinger was a really great ground aa solution, yes it was outstanding. It was single handly preventing any "air is imba" claims. Then somebody had that glorious idea to make the dox a pseudo aa unit :(
    Last edited: March 10, 2015
    zihuatanejo and stuart98 like this.
  16. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

No let me explain cause I confused you:p
    Im talking avout my mod. In vanilla is 25 with a 2.0 rof so it deals a 50dps.
  17. MrTBSC

the spinner still is a good aa ..you probably mean the stinger ... i remember that one almost invalidating air eintirely ...

@Ksgrip
    it doesn't matter weither or not you dislike aa units not being able to defend themselfes ... that is what compostions are for ... what you now allowed is basicly the zergling hydralisk comp using spinners allong with dox ... tanks might again not be needed ... ... or imagine inferno-spinner comps now ...
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah I meant the AA bot.
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So for the next update i will get the AI to build the stingers;))
  20. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So @cola_colin @s03g @tHeTrOpHySyStEm what do you think as far as it is about the mod? :))
    Do you like it? I´mm trying ti constantly upadte it with new balance tweeks and features.
    Now I´m pretty