[REL] burntcustard's UI Tweaks

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by burntcustard, May 29, 2014.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Imagine that thread I made a few days ago around here doesn't exist. This post/idea is so I can stop releasing all my tiny mods separately.

I'm releasing my "current UI setup" as an actual mod, thing, now. When I do more work on it, or the game breaks things and I have to fix it, I'll update the mod.

This mod will be centered around me. By that I mean I won't be adding stuff in due to requests (probably), and the UI will be built around my play style. A good example of what I mean by this is just what's included in this first release, these things are:
    • A modified build bar which has all the empty squares removed, and has big buttons (well, default size, but I know a lot of people want smaller). I actually use them clicky things, so don't expect any %75 size modifications. - That being said, if anyone else wants to write a separate mod which works with mine to make icons smaller, go ahead.
    • Bleepy squeaky repeat build and energy orders buttons. These are so that I can press my keyboard shortcuts to do these actions and get better feedback than just the tiny icon in the corner changing. I might add more sounds for different actions, like toggling fire orders, in the future.
    If there are parts of this mod you like, but also parts you DON'T like (more likely when it contains more), then I'm not going to help you. HOWEVER you could probably investigate and just delete one of the .js files to remove some functionality.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    elodea and Clopse like this.
  2. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

If I use this with hotbuild, will it still show the bindings for units/structures/commands? I manually queue up units, but when I'm in a hurry I sometimes use hotkeys too. Also I always use hotkeys on structures.

EDIT: god damn typos and my natural ineptitude at typing.
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  3. burntcustard

I... think so!
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I really like the original combat fabricator build menu so i cannot download this.
    trialq likes this.
  5. burntcustard

Uber made their category build bar boxes a bit wider, so I made mine match! v1.01 now on PAMM
  6. burntcustard

The squeaky buttons have been broken, so this mod's broken for the moment. Going to try to fix it tonight, but if I can't, I'll be away for a week and might like it if someone else fixed it quickly (shouldn't be too complicated!)

EDIT: Yep, all very broken. Will be away for a week, but as soon as I get back from that I'll fix this up pretty quick.

I had a quick word with Metalbolical earlier and one day in the vanilla game we should get noises on actions being done, instead of having them on button clicks, a bit like this mod did, so that's nice!
    Last edited: June 15, 2014
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yo dawg I asked you to update this mod so that you would update this mod because I really miss this mod.

:)