[Rel] Boom Bot Wars

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by burntcustard, September 4, 2015.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG]

This mod is a twisted spin off of "boom bot only" games. The idea behind Boom Bot Wars is that you can only attack through Boom bots, which always cost 45 metal, BUT they are not the only unit...

NEW / important features:
    • Tesla Booms. These use a small amount of energy, and contain one "charge", allowing them to zap enemy units. Less damage than regular Booms when self destructing. Good vs low HP targets.
    • Giant Booms which poop out 20 regular Booms with alt-firing, are amphibious, crush smaller units under their feet, and explode like a 1/3 damage nuke with attack command.
    • Game enders from regular PA (& Titans). Helios, Ragnarok, Halley, Annihilasor.
    • Burrowed Booms (mines) which are completely invisible to the enemies, until they hop out of the ground. Also now spawns a Boom you can control if they miss.
    • T1 Flamethrower turrets.
    Features:
    • "Pouncing" Boom bots!
    • Skitters included, with speed buff, so they don't slow down Booms much.
    • Boom Bot Lobbers - built by the T2 vehicle factory. Fires Boom bots at long range into your enemies! Costs 15 metal/s and takes 3 seconds to produce and fire a Boom bot, just like the T1 factory.
    • Boom Tanks - built by the T2 vehicle factory. Similar to a Vanguard, but instead of a gun has a self-destruction attack, similar to Boom bots, but much more dangerous. Good at soaking up enemy Booms due to high HP-per-metal-cost.
    • Commander weapons replaced with much more awesome ones depending on the gun arm. Single red line = flamethrower, double red line = rapid-fire laser, 6-barrel = shotgun.
    • Factory roll off times and placement adjusted.
    Bugs and problems:
    • Ye'olde PA is no longer supported. You must have PA: Titans to use this mod.
    • When you host a multiplayer lobby, it will take a LONG TIME to get going, because it has to upload the mod to Uber's servers.
    • AI is screwed. @Quitch might wanna redo this for me? ;) I don't have time to fix right now.
    • Orbital is unbalanced.
    • You can push units around to get past their max speed.
    Special thanks to:
    • @zx0 for some nice models.
    • Trialq for the Boom Bots Only mod, which started me off on this.
    • YourLocalMadSci and Nanolathe for pretty much the whole jumping bots thing from RCBM.
    • Stuart98 for the team coloured stuff in Statera balance mod inspiring the commander laser.
    • Anyone who has played the gamemode with me over the last 6 months. The help testing and giving feedback has been great!
    Other stuff:
    • You can have a look at, and help me update/fix stuff on this mods GitHub repository.
    • Licence: Feel free to use any of this in your own mods (want to steal the flamethrower effect? Go ahead.) BUT, don't use it in anything other than PA mods or PA-related content (it includes a lot of Uber's stuff that they wouldn't want making it's way into other vidya games).
    • Please take me some pictures and videos and reply with them in this 'ere thread!
    Version 1.6 available on PAMM!

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: September 5, 2015
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Last sixth months or last 14 or 15 months?
  3. burntcustard

It's been I think 10 months since the last update haha. But I said 6 because I can't even remember testing >6 months ago ^^
  4. burntcustard

[​IMG]

Coming next update: Slight flamethrower turret buff and fancy idle effect.

Also still trying to figure out how to do orbital. Might make the Holkins able to shoot down orbital stuff.
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

........ ..... flamethrowerturret? .... .... FLAMETHROWERTURRET!!!!????..... ...... ... OMFG HELL YES WANT!!!!!

heck that might even beat the gatlingturret from supcom in awesomeness

i'm a sucker for flamestuff >:b

what better way to clean up the field with purifying fire ...
    Last edited: September 29, 2015
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Updated to 1.7 to include new commanders. New commanders aren't using right weapons yet but at least they work now.