[REL] Aurora Artillery

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Heizmeister, May 16, 2015.

1. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Greetings PA-Community!

I am proud to announce my first little mod-project in PA as beeing released today!

What is this?

The Aurora Artillery Mod adds new rapid-fire artilleries, as well as some visual changes to the battleship, the pelter and the sheller. It comes with a separate UI-Mod which adds new icons for the new units.

Whats new?

Two new artillery units are added to the game.

1. The Comet:
    Basic rapid-fire artillery, that fires 6 shots in a quick succession and has a significant spread. Each shot is weaker than a normal Pelter-round, however, the damage is distributed over a wider area. The Comet has a slightly smaller range than the Pelter and an increased energy drain.

2.The Morningstar:
    An advanced rapid-fire artillery; it fires a burst of 3 shots which have some spread and each shot is weaker than a normal Holkins-round. As well as the comet, this artillery is focused on distributing damage over a larger area and has a slightly reduced range and increased energy upkeep compared to the Holkins.

Please note:
    Due to the nature of the reload-system in PA, both artilleries will fire single shots in a rapid succession, if the target is still in range. so the full salvo will be fired, after it had time to reload its full ammo capacity.
    (I haven´t figured out how to fix this, yet...)

The visual changes only consist of slightly altered projectiles for the battleship, the Pelter and the Sheller.

What´s planned for the future?

I have planned to implement a mobile rapid-fire counterpart for the Sheller and maybe the Leviathan. Propper AI support is planned as well.

Feedback? Yes please!

Since this is my first mod EVER and I have not that much time to spare for testing, I greatly appreciate any feedback given to me, may it be positive or negative. Although I plan to improve this mod, changes may take some time, since RL stuff comes first ;)

Why do these units use the Pelter´s/Holkin´s model?

To be honest, I suck when it comes to 3D modelling. I have neither the time, nor the motivation to get into it. So I would like to ask all the great 3D modellers here to help me with this kind of problem. Any help is always very much appreciated.

That´s it from me! Please feel free to post any feedback and/or suggestions in this thread.

A huge "Thank you" goes out to @stuart98 for helping me setting up the mod and adding it to the PAMM

Changelog:

V 1.2:

Added the Meteor - A T2 mobile artillery that saturates an area with shells. However, each shell does roughly the same damage as the bullet from an Ant. Naturally this artillery is far away from being precise, so engaging a single unit or small cluster won´t do much.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Changelog:

V1.3:
    -modinfo data upated for UI and server mod.

-Comet : Min_firing_velocity set to 150 and max_firing_velocity to 160. It should use its full range now.

- Morning star: Unit description changed.

-Battleship: Ammo velocity changed to 110 to match the new update.

Changelog:

V1.4:
    -Meteor: Max_range set to 330

-updated modinfo data for UI and server mod
  3. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Changelog V1.5:

New Units:

The Sungrazer- A new artillery-bot that fires high explosive rockets with a high fire rate. Each rocket does little damage though, but it outranges the grenadier. The Sungrazer can be build by the basic botfactory and by the unitcannon.
    His weakness is a slow projectile speed and relatively slow movement speed, considering it is a bot.

The Armageddon- A powerfull orbital weapon that deals massive damage to a large area. However, it is expensive to build and very slow. In addition, the recharge time is quite long and costs a lot of energy. If deployed correctly though, it can erase an entire army. But make sure to cover it, since it is fairly fragile. Please note that it does not nearly as much damage as a nuke, so a commander should survive up to 4 blasts. A nd it should be noted, that the blast can also damage your own units! So be careful ;).

"Balance" changes:

Meteor Tank- Increased damage and splash radius, as well as firing range.

Bug fixes:

Unit icons should now be visible again and no longer appear as grey squares

P.S. I know the Armageddon might be op... I am still adjusting its specs...
    Last edited: July 7, 2015
  4. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Changelog V1.6:

"Balance" changes:

Sungrazer:
    - Decreased the damage per projectile from 15 to 12
    - Added a minor projectile spread
    - Decreased firing rate from 2 to 1.75
    - Increased buildcost from 120 to 200 metal
    - Decreased health from 60 to 40

Armageddon:
    - Decreased health from 2400 to 1800
    - Increased buildcost from 15000 to 18000 metal
    - Decreased rate of fire from 1 to 0.017 (should show the true DPS now)
    - Increased range from 11 to 50 (should fix a bug where the armageddon could not fire on stationary units)
  5. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Changelog 1.7:

"Balance" changes:

-Countermessures:

Sniperbots can now intercept all artillery-type projectiles. They intercept the projectiles from: Pelter, Sheller, Holkins, Leviathan, Comet, Meteor, Morning Star. Their rate of fire is the same as in vanilla and their ability to intercept tactical missiles is still functional as well.

Meteor:
    -damage reduced from 110 to 85
    -splash-damage reduced from 100 to 70
    -splash-radius reduced from 18 to 16
    -build cost increased from 1650 to 1750 metal
    n3ur0o likes this.
  6. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

Changelog 1.8:

-Updated to be compatible with Titans and PA Classic
    -wondibles Hodgepodge-Mod is now required

Bugfixes:

- Missing build-icons fixed
    - Fixed crash, that would occur when an armageddon-satelite would fire while deploying

"Balance" changes:

Comet:
    -damage increased from 55 to 75
    -splashdamge increased from 25 to 45
    -splashradius increased from 21 to 25
    -energydrain increased from 300 to 360
    -ammocapacity reduced from 6000 to 3600; ammo per shot is now 600 (1000 before);
    reload rate is therefor increased
    -carpetfire enabled; the artillery will reload the full clip before firing again

Morning Star:
    -splashdamage increased from 250 to 750
    -significantly reduced projectile-speed to justify the increased splashdamage
    -energydrain while reloading reduced from 2500 to 2100; reloading the full clip takes a little longer now.
    -carpetfire enabled; the artillery will reload the full clip before firing again

Gil-E (Sniperbot):
    -anti-projectile rate of fire reduced from 0.25 to 0.15

Sungrazer:
    -increased projectile-lifetime to 15 to prevent bullets from despawning at longer ranges

Meteor:
    -splashradius increased from 16 to 21
    -yaw-rate increased from 15 to 20; this should help the Meteor to better fire while moving
    but not as well as the Sheller

Armageddon:
    -full damage splashradius reduced from 130 to 80
    -removed AIR as a targetlayer; it is an anti-ground-only unit

P.S. : All further updates will be posted in the PA:Titans Modforum. The mod however, is likely going to stay compatible with PA: Classic.
    Last edited: January 6, 2016