[REL]Alpha to Progenitor

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, March 2, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Many people aren't fond of the Alpha Commander. Many people who should have the progenitor don't have it, although they do have the alpha. I've gone ahead and put 2 and 2 together for all of you and made this mod, which replaces the alpha commander ingame with the Progenitor commander.

Will be available on PAMM with minutes of this post.

I apologize if someone disproves of this mod, but seeing as how it's replacing a higher tiered com with a lower tiered com I figured that it would be okay.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Unless we hear something new from Uber, I will be removing this and any similar mods if I see them on PAMM.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...to-x-common-commander-mods.57017/#post-882891

3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Not so fast (although don't actually add it to PAMM yet)! In this case, it's not granting something that someone shouldn't have (as that thread was requesting), it's more of a bugfix - assuming whoever has the alpha is also entitled to the progenitor (which I'm not 100% certain of).

I have asked for dev input on this.
  4. cptconundrum

Yeah, I don't think these mods should be on PAMM without a dev signing off on it.
  5. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Theta - Any Kickstarter Or Pre-Order
    Progenitor - >=$50 Kickstarter
    Delta - >=$90 Kickstarter & $199 Pre-Orders
    Alpha - >=$95 Kickstarter

Anyone find it odd that the only exclusive Commanders are Imperial and all of the Imperial Commanders are exclusive? It's just Tanks, Crabs and Chicken-Walkers for retail. o_O
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

It's just a visual change so imo doesn't matter. When the commanders start having different stats it would be a problem, if client side mods could change the stats (which they can't so we're still good).
  7. cptconundrum

@bgolus already said it does matter, so I don't see why we should allow it unless Uber tells us something new.
  8. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

if this is just doing the same thing as the tank commander mod did back in beta I don't see why it would matter. it just changing how it looks from the client side the person playing you would still see the other commander. blocking any content on a modding system just seems like bad business to me.
    if it actually changed the commander server and client side then it would be bad.
    For me I would never use this because to me the quadrupeds look better anyway.
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
    moldez likes this.