Regarding The "Missing" commander

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sycspysycspy, May 19, 2014.

1. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

I guess it's caused by mod manager for some reason my mod manager still launch 64498 version of the game. After I access the armory from that version(by ignoring the update message). When I launched the game version 65588 from launcher. The armory went wrong. I was not able to change commanders any more. The green button at the right bottom of the screen is gone.
    commander1.png
  2. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

This “bug” can be totally avoidable by not pressing “launch PA” in the mod manager and not accessing the armory from the 64498 version. Just a reminder for you all. I tried to change another commander from 64498 and then back to 65588 version of the game, the commanders are back :)
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Uber changed the location of the installed files, allowing multiple versions simultaneously (for the PTE build). The old version was not removed, so PAMM doesn't know anything is wrong. To get PAMM pointing at the right version again:
    • Delete the directory containing the version.txt which says 64498, the unused version of the game
    • On next load of pamm it should ask for the location of PA.exe
    By default it will be somewhere like this:
    sycspysycspy and cptconundrum like this.