Reducing the build ui?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by badfucatus, May 22, 2014.

1. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Hi all,
    I have tried looking on the forums for this... but to no avail.

Is there any way to reduce the build ui, when you click on a fabber? Mine seems a bit too large, and its horrible when I put combat fabbers in my armies... I kind of stop using them.
    Its such a beautiful game, seems like a shame to take up nearly a third of the screen with this.
    Btw I'm loving the new update, great stuff. Hats off to all at uber.
  2. poppiholla

poppiholla New Member

Yeah the build UI is pretty enormous and has lots of wasted space. Personally I preferred the old version with the custom build bar mod. Hopefully the current one is iterated on quickly.
    badfucatus likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

there's a mod for that. click on my signature (the thing about icons), download the mod manager, install and run, and look in available mods for "Better Build Bar"

afterwards in settings you'll be able to configure it to suit your liking.
    badfucatus likes this.
  4. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Just something a bit finer, at the bottom of the screen. It's like my only little gripe about the game.
  5. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

cheers man... will do
  6. tatsujb

np, I always have it on minimum size and borderless.
  7. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Being on a big nice and super sexy 16:10 widescreen monitor, i would like the UI to take advantage of this and use my entire monitor width, instead of taking up so much vertical space :)

It would also be nice if lessons from Starcraft 2 was learned. buildings are split into 2 windows, basic and advanced. b for basic , v for advanced

now ive noticed the UI now has 3 parts or tabs all showing at once. i think it would be nice if there was an option to show one of them at a time in the lower right hand corner. and the cycle through them with buttons or just the tab key.

that way you could do some fancy and fast keyboard micro.
  8. tatsujb

easy to extend on @Corang 's mod and change the value for width.
    RMJ likes this.
  9. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Oh nice, i shall have to check that out.

Cheers.
  10. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Much better, although the icons seem the same size, and don't sit in their place holders... how do i fix that? Plus i couldn't find any reference to the mod in the settings...
  11. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

This is basically how i would have the UI if i could change it. Since i as an old time RTS player. i dont ever want stuff in the center of the screen if i can avoid it. as much as possible stuff should be in the corners.

Now i dont exactly have super paint skills so beware.
    [​IMG]

You will switch between the 3 building type tabs with TAB key or each one can have a prefix button c, v and b. or something
  12. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Thanks, just updated the mod, and it works great with the new build!