Rebuild area command

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by demon99a, October 3, 2014.

1. demon99a

demon99a Member

Imagine this: your base near a bunch of mex's is destroyed and you don't want to have to go through the annoying trouble of rebuilding everything, we'll then just get a bunch of fabricators, click the rebuild icon beside the petrol icon and the assist icon. Then use an area command to select your whole base! After that the fabricators go to each husk and rebuild it to its original state ;)

In other words a rebuild area command that makes fabricators rebuild destroyed husks will make the game more player friendly and more enjoyable instead of having to reclaim and build everything again
  2. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

I think that would help mitigate the 'OMG they just killed half my base and I don't feel like fixing it' ennui that comes late game.
    stuart98 and klavohunter like this.
  3. Thibdumont

Thibdumont New Member

Great idea, and that way, we could get a SupCom feature that i miss : rebuilding costs half metal and time (the building "frame" starts at 50% when you place a building on a dead one of the same kind).
    So players would have even more interest in finishing destroyed buildings and on the other side, you could rebuild your defenses quicker.
    nawrot likes this.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

As far as extractors go I don't see the big advantage over just using area commands.
  5. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

As for a huge base that just got nuked, this could be very good. +1
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

For anything that's not extractors - say, power generation and defensive formations - I'd love to see this.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

8. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

+1

I agree that this would help a lot.
    Maybe even allow Defense Fabbers to rebuild everything with thier faster rate, despite not having the blueprint for the basic object? That could cause issues with balance of course and should only be considered an "optional thing to think about"