Re-creating Planets?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zeus9999, February 3, 2013.

?

what do you think of this idea

1. Recreate the Planets!

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Down with Creation!

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Huhhhhh?

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Don't Care

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

it would HAVE to be at least experimental tech and will require ridiculous time and energy and the planet will be "hot" and you cant build there until its cooled down by you or time and then you can build on it once again. i got this idea from Titan A.E.
  2. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

I like to point out that they have said (in a interview) that the whole idea of the planetary destruction is to make the playing feild smaller as the game progresses. (Kinda forcing you and your enemy togheter).

Being able to recreate a destroyed planet would go against that.
  3. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

It also makes little sense. What's the point to restoring the planet? You're just going to tear it apart for resources again. Might as well skip a step.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

No thanks, it doesn't mesh well with the core gameplay aspects of the game, maybe something to look at later on for an expansion or something.

Mike
  5. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

If I smash a planet it stays smashed!
  6. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

What about mildly fixing a planet? Suppose an asteroid/superweapon didn't completely destroy a planet. Could we "fix" part of the surface to make a platform we could build on?
  7. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well you see i would hate having playing field progressively getting smaller because im the hit and hide kind of guy even with supcom ill hide if am killed and will rebuild and destroy!
  8. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

If it's not completely destroyed then you could build on the undamaged portion.
    There's no need to fix anything.

Buggering up the playing field is a central tenet of the game and you would hate that?
    The clue is in the title.
  9. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well i would like it if i could still use parts of it or it could be only certain things can be operational on broken planets and the idea of parts of it being safe is cool
  10. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I would prefer it if the playing field could never get bigger, only smaller
  11. drsinistar

drsinistar Member

I'm all for destroying planets, don't get me wrong. :p Assume the attacked planet has a very rough or steeply rolling terrain such that build is not permitted. Would you not like to construct platforms that are level?
  12. archer6110

archer6110 Member

Personally I don't think the player should be able to rebuild. The amount of resources it would take to do that would make it completely not make sense. Why would they want to dump mass into fixing something that will never provide as much as you put into it? Sure in game it could be balanced to work, but it just seems like such a strange add on. Robots don't gain sentimental value to the land they live on :p

On the flip side though, if I remember correctly they mentioned in a live stream that planets that get hit and are large enough to survive could possibly slowly recover over time. That's hardly a confirmation but it does show they've thought about this and it may or may not be in the design.

So count me as anti player fixing planets, but pro planets healing over time unless completely obliterated.
  13. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

well thats unrealistic like how in the heck would you completely and utterly destroy an entire planet with a bomb or asteroid i'd be ok if it would turn into asteroids or if it just got really hot then it could survive
  14. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

OOOH OOH id love it if i could build a space station that would make it all better for me
  15. archer6110

archer6110 Member

When I say completely destroy I mean 100% of the planet is rendered useless. In the video it shows a massive heat wave completely envelop the planet, that would be destroyed. It would be neat if there were Alderan type planet deaths, but thats a topic for another thread.
  16. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

uummmmm NOOOOOOOOO i dont like having my escape options shrink
  17. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Never. Do not make the game endless.
  18. zeus9999

zeus9999 Member

it wouldnt be endless unless the planets are all taken (duh)
  19. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

Yes it should stay smashed
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Simply disable planet-killing weapons. Should be a simple enough mod if it's not included in the first place.