Rare Back-Stab Animation?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Skull Man, March 21, 2011.

1. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

So I just finished up playing a game right now.I was kicking a fair amount of booty with the katana. Shortly after getting the achievement for 20 non-grapple sword kills, I back-grappled a tank, and there was a different kill-animation. If I recall correctly, the assassin sort of pushed the tank onto the ground, did a backflip, and kicked the tank's head on the way down. No katana was used, and it didn't seem like a bug. I think this is the first time I've seen this animation in roughly 2100 assassinations.

Has anyone seen this before? My only guess is that the "Right Behind You" highlight might have triggered it or something. There's a chance that I also had a non-deployed juice ready to go, but I'm not sure...
  2. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

Kicked with the knee right?

Thats the Shuriken launcher back grapple. Not a normal sight but its not a bug ;)
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Sounds like either the dagger or shuriken grab
  4. Vlane

Vlane New Member

To be a little bit more specific: It's the shuriken launcher back-grapple for the tank and gunner. Just like the dagger it's different for those two classes because they are heavies.
  5. Skull Man

Skull Man New Member

Ahhh, sorry for the useless thread then, and thanks for the explanation - I thought I was breaking new ground XD

It's amusing that I hadn't backstab'd a heavy pro with shurikans until now. I'll have to do it more though - so acrobatic and purtyyy :D
  6. MasterXC

MasterXC New Member

Front grapple with it and you get slapped in the face a bunch of times...and it does as much damage as a facestab. Ow.
  7. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

As an assault getting back stabbed is one thing but getting bent over and slapped to death is emotionally damaging.
  8. Lyrae

Lyrae New Member

Not as much as his taunt. "HA HA HA." God I hate that laugh. D:
  9. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

This reminds me, we still need the Death Camera to focus in on the front of the Pro you died by so we get to see his *face :)

*pink eye
  10. killien

killien Active Member

It's funny, the Assault/Pitgirl "pinkeye" bug still hasn't been fully fixed
    It looks more like "poo-eye" now