Raptr - Gaming Hub.

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, July 30, 2010.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I registered / downloaded this little thing called Raptr the other day. Basically, it tracks your gaming history from PS3, Xbox, Xfire, Steam, and loads of other stuff so you have 1 central area that shows all of your achievements, trophies, etc. Also, there is a chat program that allows you to stay in contact with friends from multiple lists.

It's quite the program, and I urge all of you to give it a go.

ALSO! I got "Alien Swarm" from Steam last night (FREE GAME!) and it's amazing. If anyone wants to play, my Steam name is Sm1ttySm1t (Raptr name is either Sm1ttySm1t or Sm1tty Sm1t...)

Look me up!
  2. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

yea, if you have a decent PC there's no reason NOT to get alien swarm. Supposedly they are going to be adding more campaigns.
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

The campaigns, maps, extra guns, etc may have a price tag on them, but if they're $10-$20, I'd spend it.
  4. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Ya, I had heard good things about alien swarm before, but I always had the impression it was a flash game or something of the like. But I'm downloading it now and at 800-900kbps i should have it momentarily.
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

If you're around late tonight, L3git, We definitely need to play.

ALSO:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1370149

This thread talks about how to allow you to use your Xbox 360 controller ... I'll be setting this up tonight, too!
  6. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Do you need a wired controller for that? I'm not exactly sure what the requirements are. I also do not have a wireless controller connector for windows games.
  7. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

yeah, wired is needed or the wireless dongle thingy.
  8. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

do you know if the play and charge kit works at making a connection to the computer?

if you dont know what i'm talking about see here

One end plugs into the controller and the other into usb

hmm ill have to test it out but my guess is no.
  9. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

IIRC I tried that a couple years ago and it didnt work.
  10. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Well shoot, this game is not working very well with my laptop at all. Seeing as my desktop is broken, idk if ill be able to play this.
  11. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Check the forums, people have had major issues (overheating, pc's breaking) and people there have loads of info on how to make it run safely.
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

At first i was like sweet I'll get this to work...but nope its still really choppy. Thanks though.
  13. Banditz

Banditz New Member

Sadly, I have a teribad desktop, and my laptop isnt much better. I got to the elevator part and my fps went somewhere to around 10fps, so i just gave up. Still, it was a prettly fun lil' game from what i got to play.