Ranking System

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Damo116, June 25, 2013.

1. Damo116

Damo116 New Member

Hi all, Does anybody know what the ranking system will be like for PA? I know its still too early for that but im just curious. Im hoping for a leaderboard and maybe a ranking system like Starcraft 2 or league of legends, something to do with medals :p
    Feel free to post any ideas :)
  2. omega4

omega4 Member

I eagerly await comments from the alpha backers.
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

If I were to bet on anything it would probably a modified "Trueskill"-like system. However if Uber decide to use something else I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0o1nQvA ... ge#t=1455s

You vastly overestimate what backers have access to in terms of information. Almost everything we know, you know.

(if you took the time to look for it)
  4. omega4

omega4 Member

My comment about the alpha-backers had nothing to do with "knowledge" or "information access" and had everything to do with "opinion".

5. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Well, that's not really true. Non-alpha backers don't know most things concerning gameplay (what kind of units are there, how much do they cost, what's their use, what's their name, how effective are they...).

But yes, non-gameplay information such as this is 'public knowledge'.
  6. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

That's if they're not aware of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45791
    Mr omega4 here, already has some opinions on how the game is played, despite not playing it at all himself.

Whether those opinions are justified or not is another matter entirely.
  7. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

I'd argue that, without having played the game, no matter how many streams you've watched, you can't really comment on how the units interact. You can, within reason, but still, I'd take such an opinion with a grain of salt.

That is, however, a moot point, as you are right.