ranked 1v1 system Styx

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by khaosfaction, December 22, 2014.

1. khaosfaction

khaosfaction New Member

Why is there a metal planet in this system? its 1v1. why the **** are they encouraging running to another planet straight from the start? it isnt fun at all to scout out an orbital factory within the first 3-4 minutes into the game and know that the match outcome is going to be delayed by a good 10-20 minutes. its so boring and frustrating i would rather play a naval planet. at least then i can learn something aside from "well he built an orbital factory and i cant contest it.

ranting aside, why are there two planets in this sytem? i cant see what it offers other than a cheap reason to shoehorn orbital into a 1v1.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I actually like that system. I don't think it really delays anything when there are good players in the game; every game I have seen or played on it was in the 15-20 minute range. The map gives you some choices to make early on. Do you try to fight a t1 battle and take out their starting base only to chase them to the moon, or do you turtle up and get off planet fast for the eco? Good players on this map can end up having battles going over two planets at once. I can see though how lower ranked player might just end up with really slow dull games, but that's really nothing new and certainly not unique to this map.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I do think though that the metal balance needs work. The opening of this system is a little rote because rushing the metal planet is the only option, so why not just start there? Then what purpose does lava serve?
    mishtakashi likes this.