1. ftsf

ftsf New Member

How do you plan to do Radar / Fog of War?

Similar to TA where you have Radar view extending beyond Visual Range? (this is really cool)
    Will it be spherical from the radar dish extending into space or circular in Planet Space?
  2. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I would assume planar/flat-ish and tied to the planetary landscape, mostly because radar today doesn't shoot up in a sphere, but is probably more akin to a cylinder. Granted, in reality, radar wouldn't go beyond the horizon/planetary-curvature, but since we are dealing with potentially much smaller planets....

That said, yeah, I'd like to see radar extend beyond visual range too. And the ability to target (or auto-target) enemy IFF-blips on radar, e.g., with that targetting building like from TA.
  3. ftsf

ftsf New Member

Also, radar jammers and mobile radar were one of the coolest things in TA.
    Sneaking in a whole army under the cover of a few jammers for a surprise attack or setting up a hidden base behind the enemy lines so I hope these features are available in PA.
  4. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

lol, I love having hidden bases in TA. Doesn't work on tiny maps like "the Pass", but on big ones, you could have 10 separate bases without the other team even knowing you have half of them. Though once you have a thousand hawks, you could still be easy to find (unless you built an underwater base :D )