Quick question.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Vuther, January 11, 2011.

1. Vuther

Vuther New Member

With a slightly longer introduction and a much longer concluding paragraph: I haven't played the beta (I generally don't play them. I don't know why.), so I'm wondering about this.

How is the Sniper's balance on the PC?

His ability to headshot is quite powerful but generally hard to do on the 360, limiting it reasonably - but most people will agree a mouse is significantly easier to aim with (My younger brother himself prefers shooters on the 360 since he feels its harder), so that aspect of the Sniper on PC worries me.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Yeah, a good sniper will rack up a high kill count.

But you need to consider that MNC doesn't have a Team Deathmatch mode. Just getting more kills than the other team doesn't directly accomplish anything.

Also, it's easier to shoot back at the sniper too! XD
  3. Vuther

Vuther New Member

True, but I figure getting pinned down in your spawning base for fear you'll be insta-headshotted will probably lead to your team losing... or, for that matter, getting insta-headshotted constantly anyway since the opposing team has a lot more free time to help their bots and kill your turrets.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

If you check the Beta notes you'll see that the Sniper has had a bit of changes for the PC to compensate for it.
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5156
  5. Vuther

Vuther New Member

Really? I've only seen "Reduced the duration of Sniper Trap Freeze against players.". That would help, but I can still see many PC players headshotting people out of cover quite reliably.

However, I haven't played it, so maybe the pros move faster than I think and can still be hard to headshot on PC. And if the beta players don't feel like it's an issue, well, who am I to argue?
  6. DeadStretch

Oh. Well a normal clip, no clip size endorsement, for the Sniper on PC is 4 bullets. I would have thought that would have been on the list.
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We did clip size changes before the first PC launch.
  8. DeadStretch

9. Vuther

Vuther New Member

Hmmm, it was that small? I didn't remember (I run Clip Size Gold for my Sniper custom class, mostly for the SMG).

Now Clip Size endorsements with Snipers on the PC worry me. :(
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Snipers aren't dominating. Really any skilled player can dominate with any class.
  11. Vuther

Vuther New Member

And Eka could never be wrong! :D

(No, seriously, I'm taking your word for it. Thanks.)
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I'm never wrong until I am. :) This is based on community feedback.
  13. DeadStretch

If he was wrong it was so small that I don't remember. 'Cause I remember everything.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

If you are worried about Snipers play Assassin or Assault. They are quick and mobile classes and hard to headshot. Do not play Gunner! They are a walking, talking target for Snipers... :(

I'm maining Gunner so I say: Sniper needs a nerf! Like no scope or take away his rifle completely. In my personal opinion that would be totally balanced! :cool:
  15. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

If snipers had a semi-auto sniper rifle that did less dmg, that might work. I can tell you're joking though :lol: .
  16. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I only consider Sniper to have an advantage on Grenade III. They don't getter better on the other maps, but they do get worse. The Sniper's power all derives from LOS. I can live without a sniper on my team. (or assassins for that matter >.>)
  17. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I can live without a sniper, and without a bad assassin. However a good assassin can really make some parts of the game easier, such as defending our base from oncoming bots and going to their base destroying it all...

So I agree with you somewhat... and yea, sniper on grenadeiii is good if they themselves are good at sniping :lol: .
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Am I? ;)

I think this
    is an interesting idea worth exploring.
  19. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Then the smg could be worthless... the only reason I would not use the sniper is because its really kinda slow and lacking ammo in the clip. However, if the auto-sniper has more ammo in the clip, higher rate of fire and less dmg... I wouldn't probably bother with smg.

I even might kill people faster. I wouldn't have to focus on headshots as much probably.
  20. Terror

Terror New Member

i think they are pretty good on steel peel since they can deny areas so good.