Questions: Galactic War

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by lostninja13, August 24, 2014.

1. lostninja13

lostninja13 New Member

Apologies if this is in the incorrect section...

1)Is it possible to give myself specific cards from the console, if so how?

2)Is it possible to give cards to commanders using the .js files?

Essentially having played with the Galactic War decks and load-outs mods I'm trying to create my own to make the game play the way I like...

I want to do two things the first is to give the techs a commander knows at the start of the war as cards so that a)you will know what duplicates you don't need and b)so that you can drop tech you don't want/need if something better comes up (eg dropping basic factories to acquire advanced).
    The other thing I want to do is add new cards (rare) that apply several buffs/debuffs at once.

It would also be nice to know if it is possible to acquire a card that cannot be dropped (sort of a cursed card, if you get it you have to gain an additional card to remove it.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Too busy to answer all the questions, but if you run the game with --devmode, then the GW map has a box in the lower left that expands to a cheat panel.

The main issue with adding new card types is that I believe you need to shadow the file with the list of cards to make them appear, and only one mod can do that at a time.
  3. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

ok i am asking about the --devmode where i put it is next to the exe in properties for exe but since i am not home right now... i just got to know if this can be use for just the normal GW part of the game you normally run to play by youself with no mods loaded.
    i am asking this because i thought you had to run this in sandbox only not GW part of the game or skirmish mode too.
    thanks in advance ...
  4. wondible

If you can run PA.exe directly from a command console, you can do that. The UberLauncher also allows you to specify command-line options under Build Options. I believe that Steam also has launch options.
  5. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

i tried the --devmode for GW and it will not start the map and let you start playing did they disable this or is it just for the skirmish only.
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Can you just edit these mods to do what you want? The js file for a card is pretty easy to understand. As for 'curse' cards, you would have to do deeper modding than just adding/editing cards.
  7. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

hi trialq, you write different mods and i was wondering would you or someone write a mod to make your sub commander do something different like the sandbox mod where you have control over all AI... in the game for the GW part of the game. The reason i ask was twice i have played a game in GW and my sub commander built a hailey and slammed it into the same planet i was on... WTF... i die and end of that. the second time it happen i manage to end the game before it happen but damn i wish i had some sort of control over my sub commander while playing GW.
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I don't know if sub-commander ai can be scripted. If it can be scripted by the same files that script the normal ai, then whatever is done would also apply to the enemy commanders. The best thing you can do imo is get rid of the superweapon card. Sorry I can't be more help, maybe someone else has a better idea of what's possible. @wondible has tinkered with GW, possibly others have too.
  9. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

nice of you to reply with good knowledge of the situation, and i will do as you said and ask wondible and others but is there anything you can do to prevent your sub commander from crashing into the same planet you are on just because the enemy has units on the same planet you are on.. damn i just do get that part of the game at all.
  10. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

also would like to ask ... anyone that reads this, with GW finally getting the offline mode enabled or release or just plain working
    does that mean i can finally use the --dev mode switch in the GW mode part of the game.
  11. wondible

Prior to the cheat system, the dev mode features were tied to the server, so it should be possible. GW is something of a special case for the API to the UI, so I don't know if it will be supported by default.
  12. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

DevMode shows up in Galactic War mode; however, none of the options appear to work. I can take control of AI, but not actually control them. I can also view their radar; however, their radar area does not show up until I have actually seen them within my own radar.

As stated you can give yourself cards in game adding the --Devmode option to the PA.exe; however, I didn't like the interface and the other options didn't work anyhow. Due to that, I added cheats to cards themselves and made the cards extremely easy to get. I just published my own card mod that gives you super ultra cheat mode (inf resources, instant build, faster units that cost less, etc). I also chose to add the cheats using the card system so I could ensure they only affect me and not the enemy AI; although, allied AI also receive my bonuses. It makes for interesting gameplay watching your allied AI create mass fleets within seconds or nuke people 1 minute into the game. Here's a link to that: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-mysticalfists-galactic-war-cheats.65450/

I haven't tested anything with SubCommanders; however, I kind of like your Curse Cards idea. There are cards designated as AI Cards and I believe those could be used to give the AI negative effects. I'm currently looking for ways to add my cheats from Galactic War to AI Skirmish though.