Question: Master Of Orion Steam/GOG

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Nicb1, February 27, 2016.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Hey just wanted to put this question here incase any of you happen to know the answer to it.

I'm new to the Master Of Orion games, was looking to pick up the new remake. I'm stuck on deciding whether to get the Steam or GOG version though (would prefer GOG).
    If I purchased the GOG version and my friends had the Steam version would I be able to play with them without the use of a third party piece of software such as Hamachi or Evolve?

Mainly asking this as Ashes of the Singularity does not allow for play between the Steam and GOG versions since both versions use their own server (Steam/Valve server and GOG/GOG Galaxy server).

If anyone is able to help me with this that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Guess not: https://www.gog.com/forum/master_of_orion_conquer_the_stars/steam_and_gog_cross_platform_play
    (Though the answer is rather ambiguous...)
    tatsujb and Nicb1 like this.
  3. Nicb1

Bloody hell they couldn't possibly be more vague than that. At least tell us if it's planned for in the future as a sidenote.
    Thanks for the link @DeathByDenim

If you manage to find a more solid answer anywhere let me know. Don't want to spend $56 to find out that the version I got is not compatible with others.
  4. Nicb1

DeathByDenim likes this.