question(for cola colin) and idea( for competitive community)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by judicatorofgenocide, November 30, 2014.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Question: did ladder resets lead to a spike in games?

Idea: if yes, I think it would be a good idea to reset ladder more frequently than say the proposed 2 to 3 times a year.

I have not really got the chance to play this reset but noticed my desire to do so skyrocket with this info.

I'd play game after game if given the opportunity.

If ladder resets spiked number of games played would you, the community favor a greater frequency in resets?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I have no time right now to get new usage statistics, but I'd guess, based on the steam numbers, that there are more people playing.
    However the ladder reset very likely is not the main cause. More the general "there was an update" and "there is a sale going on"
    thetrophysystem, Raevn and reptarking like this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Nonetheless, despite some people love sitting atop that ladder, having it reset a reasonable amount of times is a great idea.

Keeping a lifetime is also a great idea, but separate.

I would say once every 3 months? Along with possibly a balance and mapcycle change. Or, y'know, implement a ranked game procedural generation algorithm.