question: assassin damage to money ball

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by RayHanley, February 25, 2011.

1. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

1) as a juiced assassin, does holding the LMB using katana do more damage to the money ball than spamming cloak+shuriken? (regarding overtime)

2) and when you're not juiced, is it the right thing to be spamming shurikens to keep shields down? (as in a not-so-aggressive approach)

thanks

PS: and there should be a forum section like "Players Looking for Help" :D
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Shroooooooken does more damage to the Moneyball, Juiced or not. LVL 3 Cloak has no effect on damage done while Juiced, methinks.

Yes. Yesyesyesyesyesyes.
  3. Runie

Runie New Member

Shuriken always does more damage to moneyball.
  4. Kel

Kel New Member

You have always crits while juiced, so don't waste time with cloak/uncloack/fire.
  5. tinygod

tinygod New Member

This: and juice overwrites the 15% crit dmg from cloak. So only cloak attack for the element of surprise, or when not juiced.

One good tactic:

1) Cloak into range of money ball, release a clip of 15% crit shrukiens, wait for reload to finish, than juice and spam shrukiens.

Shrukiens are kinda broken IMO, for money ball while juiced. The reload speed is nearly instant, and they all fire so rediculously fast, and since it cant move, they all hit.

Same can be said for ROF Gold shotguns though. I don't think anything can kill a money ball faster than an unconstested support, who weaves in all 3 airstrikes with a clip of shotgun while juiced.

But hes gotta be right on top of it.
  6. Kel

Kel New Member

I like them the way they are, as an assa you're so weak in a fair fight that I wanna keep my goodie.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I wish grenade gun did as much damage to moneyball as shurikens do. Currently, they do MUCH MOAR so they are what is really broke. Reducing them to a shotgun without rate of fire, or a shuriken dps, would fix them. reduce the bomb to like 50% damage too, it already takes a huge chunk out and stacks with grenade.
  8. eternal

eternal New Member

Shuriken does 95damage per second to moneyball (this is before the juice damage bonus and rate of fire increase but includes the reload speed modifier from juice. I did this because katana doesn't reload so you'd multiply both shuriken and katana by same damage modifiers after you've taken reload speed into consideration.)

Katana does 18.75 damage to moneyball before damage modifiers.

HUGE difference.

O btw Katana does 600damage per second(unjuiced) to turrets Shurikan does 549. Highest damage other than mortar (if ALL 3 mortars hit a turret it does 900damage, but it has a 2.83second reload time)
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Wow, a lot of these numbers don't look right, especially in game. Scathis was right, being given the numbers, we really don't know what happens with them in game. Because something is wrong with the math you just spat out.

I beginning to think it was better just to test things ingame and not be given the numbers. Scathis was definitely right.
  10. eternal

eternal New Member

Like I said, these are BEFORE the 300% increase and crits and ROF increase.

However if you want to test it yourself feel free

The Katana does 75damage per hit 2 hits per second and does only 12.5% damage to moneyball (and 400% damage to turrets)

So (75*2)*0.125 = 18.75 damage per second (unless the Moneyball has a "backside" which would do the bonus damage multiplier of 1.5 increases the damage per second to 28.125)
  11. tinygod

tinygod New Member

SO many reasons why shrukiens start strong, gain little from gold ROF, but a lot from juice. I'll try and explain

1) mortars hit like a truck, but have a slow rate of fire, Hard hitting skills with slow RoF always benefit most from a RoF endorsement. Mortars with Gold ROF hit turrets harder than anything in the game.

2) Shrukiens have a very fast Rof (naturally) and a fast reload, the RoF is so fast that you actually spend 2/3 of the time firing and 1/3 of it reloading, even though the reload is rather fast. This is at passive 3

3) With Gold RoF, you fire shrukiens very fast, but are still going to spend that time reloading between clips, the reload speed dampens the gain you get from RoF because the base was already to high to begin with.

4) When you are juiced shrukiens are king to almost everything. Why? Well theres the bonus damage sure, but more importantly, there is the Faster reload speed and firing speeed bonus. Most importantly is the faster reload. You actually gain more from a silver reload than you do from a gold RoF, when it comes to pure damage unjuiced, but less juiced because of the reload buff you get while juiced.

Try running a sin with Gold Clipsize, silver Reload, Bronze Rof

that build absolutely WRECKS turrets, though you loose a LOT

Remember, the large the clip the more you gain from their naturaly fast RoF, the faster the reload, the less time you spend not firing.

Hope this helps
  12. eternal

eternal New Member

Loose is not the same as Lose. Learn it, live it, use it. /petpeeveofmine

Also, its actually 1/2 of the time you are reloading when using a non-rof buffed shuriken. 10shots at 0.1interval with a 1second reload time. Its 1second to fire all 10 shots, and 1 second to reload a new clip of 10 more. This is of course before clipsize/rof endorsements.
  13. CrancK

CrancK New Member

omg...ok, i've given up correcting people now... just.... ef it, use whatever numbers and/or calculations you want
  14. eternal

eternal New Member

BAL_SWORD_DMGVSCRE=0.125
    BAL_SWORD_FIREINT=0.5
    BAL_SWORD_DMG=75
    BAL_SWORD_FIREINT_1=0.5

Thanks but I'll just use the numbers in the game.

Keep in mind this is a best possible scenario. Often times number theory doesn't stand up in practice. When other players are involved and human error is involved there is lots of variables. Sure the sword COULD do 600+ damage per second to a turret, however thats assuming every swing connects (even without another player interacting with the assassin there is always simply human error, the player could turn their aim too far when trying to circle around the turret while slashing and end up missing several swings, or think they are in range of the turret with the sword but actually just out of range. Or another player could disrupt them ect ect.)

And what are the chances even with gold accuracy that the minigun is going to have EVERY bullet hit its target? Or that the mortar will always get all 3 shots to splash the same target.

Don't forget latency also plays a factor in this as well.
  15. tinygod

tinygod New Member

lose loose always gets me when i'm typing fast, sorry about that.

but are you sure its 1/2 while at passive 3, are you counting the passive clipsize increase?
  16. tinygod

tinygod New Member

lose loose always gets me when i'm typing fast, sorry about that.

but are you sure its 1/2 while at passive 3, are you counting the passive clipsize increase?
  17. eternal

eternal New Member

You must mean the shurikan cause I was talkin about the sword, which last I checked never needs to be reloaded :lol:
  18. goathax

goathax New Member

If every weapon did the same amount of damage per hit to the Moneyball, you'd suddenly have a reason for Tank and Gunner to risk going for it.

(Run a crossfire map single player and watch how slowly the Gunner brings down a Moneyball. It's sad.)