Question: Are commanders distinquished by something in team games?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Martenus, March 19, 2014.

1. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

So let's say there is a 3v3 shared armies game.

Three players in the one team have 3 difference commanders, one gets Delta, other guy gets Alpha and third one gets Spider.

Is there some data during the game, that can recall what commander is which?

If yes, can these be used to link the player's choice of commander in the lobby in the actual game?

Eg. if player A choses delta, can the game later ingame say, yes this delta commander is the one who player A chose?

And more .... if that is possible, that the game can say player A this comm, player B that comm and player C that comm ..... would that be possible, to have a "nametag" floating over this commander (nametag of a player, not of the commander)? Imagine it like in lets say Minecraft or World of Warcraft name tag.

This is not important for games, where only one player is in one army, but especially on team games with shared armies. This would be useful for A) casters and B) spectators, to be easily able to distinquish player's bases within one team.
    Last edited: March 20, 2014
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I doubt it. In shared armies the UI does not even know anymore that there are 3 players in the game. It's one player as far as the UI is concerned.

... I think. If somebody can explain to me how to separate the players please do it.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Related: Pressing 'C' (or whatever you've rebound it to) in a Team Armies game selects all commanders, effectively rendering the hotkey useless.
    thelordofthenoobs and Martenus like this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Hopefully commanders will eventually have your name, rather than their name.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  5. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Oh, I probably didnt state that obviously, but I of course meant a player nametag, not commander nametag.
  6. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I hope secondary colors will be eventually used to separate different shared armies while they have the same primary color. (dual-color icons anyone? :D)