Question about purchasing

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Cigolorp, August 20, 2015.

1. Cigolorp

Cigolorp New Member

So I'm not a fan of Steam and made sure that I could get the original PA on a platform outside of Steam (I have an Uber key). From everything I've read in the forums and on Uber's website, Steam seems to be where you have to end up if you want to purchase Titans. So I've got a couple of questions about that:

1. If I buy this on Steam, is the game DRM free (I recognize that Steam is a platform and not every game is tied to its DRM)? As of now, my version of PA seems to exist solely in a folder and can be run from that folder without any kind of DRM check. As awesome as Titans looks, the last thing I want to do is convert my key over to Steam and then be at Steam's mercy.
    2. I see an option to buy within my updated version of PA. If I buy from there, is that going to simply give me a Steam key or is it going to instead work like it does now, and bring the update down through the PA launcher (i.e., I'd never have to touch Steam and can remain DRM free)?

Thanks! If this has been answered somewhere else, then my apologies - I wasn't able to track down these answers on the forums.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yes completely DRM free, you can launch the game via the exe or alternatively buy it on steam, connect the steam account to Uber, and download the launcher from uberent.com

Not sure on number two. XP
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yes, that will update your current non-steam playfab account. If you've got that option the content has already been downloaded. At least for the launcher version it's all the same application with some content controls.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  4. Cigolorp

Cigolorp New Member

Thanks for the replies. I bought from within PA and all went well.