Pull host and go afk?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by IlliniJen, October 30, 2010.

1. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

So, is this the new route to the top? Just pull host and go afk 24/7? Never get kicked, make money without even playing?
  2. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

This has been going on for a while.

But yes, its super annoying.
  3. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Just ask Dboostwill.
  4. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Well, if I pull host and go afk for 5 minutes for a smoke break, I'm not too much of an ahole, am I? I hate losing host if I'm going to be on for hours playing.
  5. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Of course not, IlliniJen. That's not keeping host and not playing for 10+ hours like some of these people.

But then again, you are leaving your team down for 5 minutes so you better play the best 10 minutes of your life when you come back. ;)
  6. mute

mute New Member

People have been doing this on Blitz alot lately... and its extremely annoying on Blitz because the amount of players dictates the amount of Bots in each wave. I dont play much Blitz anymore (will when Survivitol comes out!) but out of the few times I have I've run into 3-4 games where this has been the case. I should keep track of names.....
  7. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Obi, I always give it my best! I'm a tryhard randy, after all.
  8. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

the bigger problem is people forced to play undermanned teams. i've seen which people do it and i don't even bother playing and just leave. this is not how people have gotten to the top. 1v1ing yourself in a private match for 15+ days is how you get to the top
  9. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Yeah, but it does help get your weekly rank to #1 and hold it.
  10. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

I've run into it a few times. I tend to report to the devs when I see it. Have yet to see any of those guys again afterwards though so I guess they are taking care of the jackasses that do it.
  11. hellkingcqh

hellkingcqh New Member

i love how some of the top players of the game do this bs if you see them doing that just report them for cheating/system tamp and get them banned like they should be for cheating.
  12. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Lol. One of my friends did this on accident. We were playing on his host and some friends came over, he put his controller down and forgot about MNC, a 2 hours later he gets on and realizes we're still in there. It was actually really fun, because he has an amazing host.. And playing 5v6 is more fair.
  13. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

You mean Dbo and friends.
  14. hellkingcqh

hellkingcqh New Member

not talking about him we all know he did that crap talking about himicane doing that crap...
  15. Himicane

Himicane New Member

See above hellking, and frankly I could care less about the leaderboards. Seriously I make fun of people who care about them. I don't do it to "boost." Uber can go ahead and erase my "sweet stats" and Ill still be playing the game because it's fun. I think the game would be better if there was not a leaderboard. People who care about the leaderboards are losers. Being on top of the leaderboards and caring about it is like being a smart retard. In the end you're still a retard. Or maybe you could use "I'm in the top 100 on the MNC leaderboards" as a pick up line and see where that gets you.
  16. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Get owned Himicane, you random.

Oh T3h Noez. Himicane pulled host because he has awesome internet, and then those pesky and annoying real life friends of his got to his house and he went to socialize! What a nerd. Blame me if anyone, I had a blast playing 5v6 and not having one host rage quit or failed migration for 3 hours. Personally I'd have him do it everyday if I wanted to be a nerd and play all day, it's great not having to deal with stupid host migration and bad internet kids.
  17. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

fixed, np
  18. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I don't think that's what Deadeye wrote.
  19. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

20. Shammas

Shammas New Member

That is great. How old is she again? Anyone know?