Psychonauts 2

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by DeathByDenim, January 8, 2016.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

So not sure if there are any Psychonauts fans out there, but Double Fine just reached their funding goal for Psychonauts 2!
    Also there are still four days left if you still want to back...

Videos:

tatsujb likes this.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I'm still salty about DF-9 and Broken Age. I want this game to be good but Schafer just isn't trustworthy anymore.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

So I've been reading up on that (while avoiding Steam obviously) and I'm not sure why you would be salty about Broken Age. From what I read they were too ambitious and they ran out of money and got delayed, after which they decided to break up the game in Act 1 and Act 2 while Act 2 would still be free for the backers. So effectively there was just a long delay. I can't imagine you would be too salty about that, so is there something wrong with the game itself?

And yeah, it sounds like DF-9 was a dud which is always a risk with early access, I guess. But to their credit, they released the source code(!!!) with the game and fans have already made patches for it.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

who freakin releases their source code ??? nobody does anymore. This alone deserves infinite fountains of laurels.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

consider me super skeptical about this after broken age ...
    Nicb1 likes this.