PS VR release dates and prices. YAY

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by maxpowerz, March 16, 2016.

1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

no ps4 owner ... still intrested in how it'll perform
    maxpowerz likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well the official info is 90hz or 120hz refresh depending on title. I'm guessing they are achieving that by a: keeping graphics stylised and simple and b: that 'break out box'... I think that might contain an additional gpu or even full soc.

Watched a vid of people who had tested it and apparently experience was fluid so they've got over the performance hurdle somehow. Also I thought no man's sky was confirmed for vr already?
  4. maxpowerz

From what i've heard and read the breakout box is for mainly used for splitting the image into 2 sources, one for the tv and one for the goggles.

If the goggles are outputting 120hz then id assume that yes the breakout box is doing some kind of extra rendering,
    I don't think it would be extra GPU horse power but something more simple and faster, like interlacing that adds in a blurred frame that uses a movement blur based off of the direction of the head movement, if there's no head movement then it just renders the same frame twice to bump 60fps up to 120hz or 45fps up to 90hz.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. maxpowerz

Edited my typo's ..
    I still don't read what i type before hitting post :/ .. lol
  6. maxpowerz

When Sean Murray was confronted with the VR question he avoided answering it..

edit..
    I'll find you the video.
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. maxpowerz

@cdrkf
    It should jump to 7:41
  8. cdrkf

Ah could well be. I think they've had to add some sort of secret sauce to get that kind of frame rate out of a kabini cpu and hd7870... Mind I guess for older titles that hardware could achieve that frame rate so may just be developers scaling the graphics back to gain higher frame rates.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That car chasing shooting games looks flucking hideous.

Black on the PS2 looked better.
  10. maxpowerz

Minecraft looks like absolute shite yet it still made its developer a swift 2.5 billion dollars richer than you somehow ... lol (Jokes)

Keep in mind looks aren't everything too, look at how shite SW Battlefront EA is...
    Id prefer a less graphically appealing game if it brings good quality gameplay to the table or new concepts that aren't out there on the market already..
    Last edited: April 12, 2016
  11. maxpowerz

@Geers
    It's called "The Lodon Heist" and i guess the road scene is still in a stage of polish..
    check out some of the other footage for it. it's a lot more polished in other area's.
  12. maxpowerz

Someone else said that to me too, and i think it may be more popular than most think..

The reason i think it will succeed,
    VR gives people an "Out of Body" experience, that in itself is something that's addictive, i know this because i fly and race FPV drones using VR styled goggles and it's highly addictive.
    With how popular drone racing has become over the last 2 years it's a good indication that people are willing to pay well into the $1500 mark to have out of body experiences.
    Keep in mind the Video Transmission systems drone pilots use are only standard definition and we have screens only half the size of Occulus and PS VR (35deg FoV as opposed to VR's 90-110deg FoV).
    Now if you can give people the same out of body experience but even cheaper and more immersive then people will enjoy it and most likely become addicted to it as well.

TLDR;
    VR makes you feel like your having an out of body experience to a degree,
    That feelings addictive.. VR will sell due to it's addictive nature.

Edit..
    Neeeeeeds a pic to show what i mean..
    This is what it feels like to fly a drone using an FPV system and what VR will feel like..
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: March 17, 2016
    dom314 likes this.
  13. maxpowerz

HAHAHAHA..
    I tried to Pre-order my PS VR from EB games Australia..
    I got told NO..
    They aren't allowed to take any more pre-orders.. WOW
    Pre-orders only been available for just over 48 hours here :(
    Last edited: March 17, 2016
  14. cdrkf

If you think they've finished with 3d tv :p it's all down to marketing... They need new reasons to buy TVs.

It went: HD -> Smart Tv -> 3D TV -> 4k tv... I wonder what's next? 4k 3d tv when the panels are available :p
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

here I am just wondering why the Leap Motion is only a glorified VR add-on nowadays when it's way more interesting and powerful than vr tech :(
  16. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I have one of those.

I used it once.

It was kinda neat.

It's in the box right now.
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

18. maxpowerz

Maybe it's because the OS and Gaming interfaces we have now aren't really suited to this kind of interactive device yet.

I think when the Hololens comes out something like the leap motion will work to help compliment that kind of technology and interface where you can physically see your hands and interact with holograms or objects in a more accurate way .

Edit..
    That's assuming the Hololens's hand tracking doesn't supersede the quality of Leap motion by it's release..
  19. maxpowerz

Rumor has it that Sony are considering allowing the PS VR to be used for PC gaming too, since PS4's are based off of PC hardware it's easily possible..
    heck even if they don't give official PC support i'm sure someone will hack up some kind of driver for the headtracking or add in TrackIR/Freetrack support for tracking the light points on the headset.