Production factory ideas

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RMJ, December 18, 2013.

1. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

When i have say 10 bot factories and have like say 200 of this units and 300 of that unit queued up. And you build more, then sure you can just queue up more units when selecting either the new ones or them all, but that makes production uneven.

Would be nice with a way to click shift click and it spread queued up units amoung all current type production factories.

Also it would be nice with a priority system, lets call it traffic light. Where regardless of what type of unit is queued up, you can force the factory to build something else.

So green colors around unit protrait is currently building, Yellow is next and Red is third. Then if suddenly you need AA units you dont need to waste time canceling those 1000 units you have queued up, you can just tell factories to start building them now as first prority.
  2. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

FYI. ctrl-click adds units to front of the queue

for the other part(s) of your suggestion, I think this thread may be relevant:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/suggestion-ratio-based-infinite-repeat-factory-assist.54348/

my recollection is that infinite build queues are planned but not yet implemented. the penultimate source for that should be culverin's (recently un-sticky'd) thread here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/unofficial-official-gui-discussion-thread.52055/

Check out section 7.

I think if I 'get' what you're asking for, it may not be covered though. You'd like to assign "thousands" of units to a group of factories, and then have other factories of the same type in the same area begin helping to fulfill that order, as those new factories are created? (not sure i have that right)
    Last edited: December 18, 2013
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

This sounds a lot like the Factory assist system from SupCom. It was even better thought because it amde is such that you didn't need to manage a whole bunch of individual factory queues while still allowing you the freedom to make use of the factories immediately for things other than the primary build queue and they would automatically return to the original build queue afterwards.

That ant he fact is that repeat building allows a player to not worry about needing to build specific numbers of any given unit and they can instead focus on figuring out the right ratios that will correctly scale to any number of units/factories.

Mike
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Factory assist even copied the rally points.
  5. KNight

Not really, Specifically they just used the 'parent' factory's rally point, the 'child' factories could have thier own rally point which was really helpful when you needed to build different units, like emergency engineers.

Mike
  6. tatsujb

what do you mean not really? It was practical both ways because if you wanted the rally point to be the same you just did the assist order and nothing else, but if you wanted a different rally point, you just set it like you normally would after the assist order. but then you wouldn't go back without stopping both and starting over. the assist order even worked for the tier upgrades!
  7. KNight

Tatsujb, I think you're misunderstanding me/how factory assist worked in SupCom.

Fac A is assisting Fac B which is building ants. Fac A, being the 'child' Fac, will always use Fac B's rally point when building ants regardless of where Fac A's rally is. But if you command Fac A to build 5 spinners it will fist complete its current unit for Fac B then it will build the 5 spinners and it will use it's own rally point for that. Once the 5 spinners are done it will automatically go back to building ants for Fac B.

Mike
  8. tatsujb

well that's really a small gripe for all the comfort it offered.