Problem buying PA without Steam

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garbonzo, April 3, 2016.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo New Member

Hey guys, a friend recommended that I check out this game, so I did. It looks amazing and I'd love to join this community. The only thing is: I'm not a Steam user. When I looked at the website it lead me to believe that I required Steam to buy PA. My friend told me I could use a different launcher to play the game without Steam. I tried looking at the FAQ, videos and other website sources and nothing came up about this. So, do I really need Steam to buy this game? Or is there a PA launcher that I missed?

Thanks a bunch,
    -A future annihilator
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's kind of strange. You used to be able to buy PA without Steam, but since PA: Titans got released Uber sadly decided not to sell it directly anymore, but require purchasing through Steam. Though there is still talk of releasing it on GoG as well.

Anyway, that being said, it is still a DRM-free game, so after you have purchased it through Steam, you can ditch Steam and play the game without it. You will need an UberID account to play the multiplayer part. I'm a bit foggy about the actual process of getting the UberID through the game itself, but I know you can link the UberID you use to post here to you Steam account by emailing support@uberent.com and after that you won't need Steam for on-line play either. Updating the game would go through the UberLauncher too.

So long story short, yes you need Steam to buy, but not to play.
  3. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

mwreynolds likes this.
  5. garbonzo

garbonzo New Member

Alright, thank you! One last thing: What exactly is Titans? I saw on the Steam website it appeared to be a different version of PA. So, do I need to buy PA classic and Titans for it to work? Or does Titans include the whole game as well?

Thanks a bunch!
  6. mwreynolds

Titans is a standalone expansion, that includes pa classic as a mode you can, switch too, so you host classic games. Or you join classic games without switching modes.

If you have pa classic you can upgrade to titans at dlc price, via the steam store.
  7. garbonzo

garbonzo New Member

So, I pay the 24 dollars for the classic game, then 34 extra for the expansion? Or is everything included in Titans?
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Titans includes everything.
  9. mwreynolds

DeathByDenim likes this.