Private Matches

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AlphabetTaco, August 2, 2011.

1. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

Call me a rebel, but I despise how private matches work. I like the idea, and don't mind participating, but the game-play is no longer MNC. The victor is whichever team has the better clawing gunner. The team objective turns from pushing bots to "kill that gunner." The assassins push bots, logically, but all the gunners do is try to kill everyone, and all the other classes try to kill the gunner. I believe the power the gunner receives by clawing is just unfair to any other class. The jet-pack needs a recharge time for the 360. I don't mind if you're a good gunner, but taking advantage of an exploit that needs fixed doesn't make you a skilled player.
  2. The 16Bit Robot

The 16Bit Robot New Member

What's clawing?
  3. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

It's when people hold their controller different in order to play more efficiently. Unless they have a fancy controller that negates the need for the "traditional clawing." With the gunner it's used to jump around constantly, and while in the air the gunner is not slowed while firing his gun, and his gun isn't required to pre-spin prior to combat. basically increased movement speed and fire rate. And jumping wildly makes them harder targets to hit as well. It also helps gunners kill lots of people. Because that's what MNC is all about. Right "pros?"
  4. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I don't know, something to do with how you hold your 360 controller which is a load of bog's dollocks because I find it REALLY uncomfortable.

On topic though, I never really played any private matches because:

A: I'm not really popular, or something.

B: I have no friends to play private matches with.

Other than that, I'd find it incredibly boring to play against people you know and understand that they're better than you or something. So I'd rather just stick to public games. And I'm damn well good in them too.
  5. The 16Bit Robot

So really it's just players holding their controller in a different way so they can play a little better? I don't really see the big deal. I used to do something similar in gears of war so that i could move the camera while roadie running.
  6. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

I dont mind that its done. People can claw if they want. Im irritated that it works just because uber hasnt fixed the exploit on the 360 yet.
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Can't see an exploit.
  8. benzito7

benzito7 Member

I believe he is refering to the *unlimited* jump pack in the xbox 360, in the PC version you have to wait in between use to let it reload.
  9. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

The unlimited jetpack for jumping? It should have a regeneration time like a grapple does.
  10. Vlane

Vlane New Member

That guy doesn't know what an exploit is. He might want to shut up.
  11. benzito7

benzito7 Member

WOW, Vlane, I hope you don't act like this in public, I believe you win the palm as the most obnoxious user in the forums. Congrats !
  12. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

That is relatively obnoxious of one to say, and maturity level? "might want to shut up"? I dont mind and argument, but if you're wanting to start one make valid points.
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Thank you, and yes I do.

You want an argument? Ok.

Basically you say that a mechanic that is in the game, and fine on it's own, becomes an exploit as soon as you apply a different kind of control scheme to it? That right?
    If so, then you're wrong.

Everybody can claw, complaining about this and calling it an exploit (not even talking about the fact that you apparently don't know what that is) is stupid.
    You complain about something you could do, but either refuse because it's cheap (making you a scrub), or won't do because you don't want to get that advantage since it takes time to learn (making you a gimp).

If a gunner (not affected by heals, juice, etc.) kills you while you are a gunner (same applies) he is better. Relying on excuses in this situation is something bad players do. You got outplayed, stop crying.
    The mechanics are there, if you don't use them accordingly (note: not exploit) like everybody else does it's your own fault.

Now if you'd excuse me, I'll start jerking off to my awesomeness.
  14. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

So basically, you're just a cocky bastard? congratz to you good sir. I'm clearly not "crying" as you say. I am an awful gunner. And i have no wish to become a good one. I dont claw because i dont want arthritis. I dont mind if somebody's a good gunner, but when you hop around like a complete jackass, it tells me, "Oh hey, there's another guy that plays CoD." There's an immense lack of teamwork involved and the only objective the gunners have is to kill as many players as possible. rarely to never push bots or destroy turrets. Just kill players. Because they dont care about anything else. It's pitiful, and all it does is support the noobie players that dont understand the difference between team deathmatch and crossfire. Teach them how to win, not how to kill. Anyone can kill players. But anyway, I'm out of tissues now :roll: so i guess i will stop my little "fit."
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Congratulations, you have realized that this is the gunners role.
  16. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

That's pitiful. It isnt hard at all for them to destroy bots OR turrets. It's just that all the "good" players refuse to, because they get caught up in their juice chaining. You can't justify not playing the game the way it was intended.
  17. The 16Bit Robot

Sometimes it's best to play the game you payed money for in a way that's FUN. The intented way, isn't always the most enjoyable. If people wanna get kills & leave bots & turrets to everybody else, so be it.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

No, assassins kill the bots and turrets. Gunners kill pros. In competitive matches, since the gunner is the best slayer, he kills pros. Not like in pubs where he roflstomps everything.
  19. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

I'm talking about in public matches, where the pro players will being a jumping gunner that does nothing but kill, while understanding they won't have players that will push bots for them. I understand, in privates, you need some obnoxious cocky player that thinks he's amazing for using a cheap strategy. Even then it's just annoying. A private is simply put, more like "lets watch the gunners kill all of us" rather than a crossfire match. assassins push bots, practically on the sidelines while all the other just try to kill each others' gunner. Public matches are better than that when there are random good players on either team. I enjoy that. A challenge. On top of that, i dont know how many of those "pro" gunners will just think theyre amazing at the game for just killing players. "Im in the top 100 in kills, but somehow im only in the top 10,000 in wins" :cry:
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Isn't ChaosFF7 a gunner and up there in all of the categories?
    Last edited: August 2, 2011