PrioVR Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by roadkillgrill, February 14, 2014.

1. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

This is what I have been working on for about a year now. Last August we tried launching the Kickstarter but didn't get to our funding goal. We didn't stop working on the project and have now relaunched showing more advanced prototypes of the PrioVR system and more interactive demos.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yeitechnology/priovr-suit-up-game-on

You can see the top of my head in the video for like 3-4 frames around 1:38 in the video. :p
    DeadStretch and hostileparadox like this.
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Looks neat.

I foresee many broken tv screens. Wiimote launch 2.0 :D
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Already passed the target goal. Nice.

I felt that the previous Kickstarter had a bit of a messaging issue. It seemed like it was aiming for motion capture first, and gaming second, but it was missing something for gamers to interact with. Then the later updates pushed the gaming aspect of it. Then when the Sixense got introduced with buttons and such to interact with the environment, it usurped the original PrioVR Kickstarter.

Now with the added nun-chucks, that helps to solve some of that issue. Now the new Kickstarter campaign seems to be geared towards gamers first, motion capture second.

But are there any games that already support it? Because it does seem unless you're doing mocap, you're taking a bit of a chance hoping future games will support it in some way. Unless people buy it to mess with it, and at that price point, i don't think that's the case for your everyday Joe.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Nice moves there, Roadkill. :D