Pretty much unplayable now

Discussion in 'Support!' started by tenaciousc, October 3, 2015.

1. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

I can start a saved GW and it loads but almost instantly after it loads it crashes. I found my logs folder but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post. Can someone tell me what file(s) I'm supposed to post? Thanks!
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The easiest way is to just delete all of the logs. Then start a game and make it crash. The newly created log is what you want.
    Also, one directory up from the log directory you can find the server logs. You can do the same thing there.

Did you also try running with --nomods just to rule out mod related crashes?

And what OS are you on? If Mac or Linux, which version? If Windows, can you also post a DxDiag.txt? You can make one of those by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". You can upload the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.
    tenaciousc likes this.
  3. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Great info, DeathByDenim! Thanks!

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I've never used any mods. I've attached my dxdiag.txt and my only log after deleting all others and starting the game. This time I didn't even get in to the map, it crashed before then. Most times I can get in to the map but it crashes soon after, within 5 minutes. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There is a crash report in the PA log, which is helpful. It says: "abort | outOfMemoryAbort". I noticed in your DxDiag.txt that the amount of virtual memory is rather low. Can you try increasing that to at least 14GB? Instructions are here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size
    (Those instructions are sadly for Windows 7, but it should be similar in 8.1)
    tenaciousc likes this.
  5. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

This seems to have worked, initially. I bumped up my page file and was able to get into the game and load the map and everything. I didn't have time to actually play for real though so I don't know if this is permanent. Hopefully I'll get to play soon and test it out for real but this looks promising. Thank you!
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Just to update, I've been able to play several games and am one win away from beating a GW I started awhile back! Thank you very much DeathByDenim!
    mkrater, DeathByDenim and cdrkf like this.