Pre-made maps

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tbos, November 12, 2013.

1. tbos

tbos Member

In my oppinion it would be cool if there could be some maps that are premade. It is always fun to play on a map with a certain choke point or a map that requires a specific way to play. Because at the moment, and that is my personal oppinion, every game is the same. Because all the maps are (almost) the same. The only thing that makes a map really different at the moment is the amount of water it contains.

It is also fun if you are really good on a certain map.

I am not saying the random maps are bad and need to go. But it would be cool to see some optional premade maps that are made from a certain strategic perspective.
    shootall and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I think Uber stated at some point that they were going to include this, not only for people to play with & make their own maps, but to make symmetrical maps for tourny play & such. I hope it becomes a reality, but wouldn't be a deal breaker if it doesn't.
  3. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

For symetrical maps they could try generating half a planet and mirror it? :)
    But yeah hand crafted maps could be nice.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I suggest those wanting to hear the Devs thoughts on this should check out the Live Stream Index, there have been a couple features of the Procedural Generation system and I think it's been brought up a couple times in the questions.

Mike
    shootall likes this.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This has been asked before – frequently. Try doing a search before posting, though Uber's search isn't the greatest.

They have stated there won't be a planet editor at launch. Likely it will have to be a mod. But whether it's a mod or a feature added into the game later, one way or another we'll be able to make our own planets.

Gonna be cool.
  6. tbos

tbos Member

Thnx for your replies. So I guess we will have to wait.

And I always do a search before hand. But I never find anything.