Post-DLC Favorite Map

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, December 13, 2010.

?

Post-DLC favorite map

1. Hate them all

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Love them all

12 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. Spunky Cola

46 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Grenade III

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Steel Peel

8 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. LazeRazor

50 vote(s)
    37.0%
  7. Ammo Mule

12 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Since maps have changed in the DLC, what is now your favorite map? Feel free to follow up with feedback.
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Depends...which ones did you design besides Steel Peel, which is MY FAVORITEST MAP IN THE UNIVERSE!
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Spunky Cola, hands down.
  4. Shammas

Shammas New Member

1. LazeRazor
    2. AmmoMule
    3. Steel Peel
    4. Spunky
    5. Grenade III
  5. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

This
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

You people are crazy haha I love Grenade
  7. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

1. Spunky
    2. Steel Peel
    3. Laser Razor
    4. Ammo Mule

5. Grenade III

Steel peel's edits have made the map absolutely perfect, IMO. Lazer Razor is also better now to dual access jump pads to the tunnel roofs. I put steel peel over Lazor Razor since snipers can't lock down the entire map from the safety of their spawn, ice traps don't continually block the base entrances, and tank jumping cross map is more and more accessible. Steel peel and Spunky are just very fresh for me now, and that contributes a lot to their ranking.

Grenade III's jump pad changes have really reduced the pace of those games IMO. It does add a bit of early game strategy though.
  8. scathis

Do you really want to know?
  9. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Well I said LazoRazor, but I've always loved that map. If I made a list...

LazoRazor
    Spunky
    Grenade III
    Ammo Mule
    Steel Peel

Really the only one I'm just kind of "eh" on is Steel Peel. I'm not completely sure why, maybe it's a combination of things. The bots like to get stuck on the new glass towers (same with Ammo Mule, but less), action seems almost forced into the dome (not a negative though), and its hard for any class to move fluidly from one area to another without being forced to use a jump pad. Oh, and Bullseye getting stuck on one of the jump pads he happens to spawn on top of.

On a side note, Sudden Death Blitz almost seems easy now because of the buff RockIts got. We're already seeing new records for it, with the current leader having gone solo Tank.
  10. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

For me 1) Grenade III 2) LazeRazor 3) Spunky Cola 4) Ammo Mule 5) Steel Peel

With the update I will actually play steel peel! LazeRazor with the additional jump pads is amazing! I just want some more DLC I would pay a LOT more for some maps!
  11. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I actually dislike Steel Peel even more after the update. The glass walls basically make great hiding spots for Firebases, and a Support can set up a Firebase on certain parts of the upper middle ring where it is untouchable from your own base.

Also, if I had a dime for every time I got stuck on one after lunging...
  12. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Spunky
    Ammo Mule
    LazeRazer

Steel Peel
    Grenade III

I like all 5 maps and will never veto unless asked by a friend, but I definitely like playing on the first three more than SP/GIII.
  13. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

LazeRazer is still one of my faves. Lots of close quarters for Support's shotgun. ;)
    Spunky Cola has performance issues that need to be addressed before it can become my favorite. :x
  14. scathis

I designed Ammo Mule, Steel Peel and Spunky. bgolus did LazeRazor and Grenade III.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I'm confused. Is that ledge behind Spunky supposed to be able to support players? It usually don't come into play in the games that I'm in, but it still seems like a strange area of the map.
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I love em all. It's hard to pick a favorite map. Although LaserRazor and Steel Peel are two maps that I d typically do better on, unless I am just messing around.

The changes made to each map is great. I do agree with Hudson though about the jump pads on GrenADE III. It took me a few games to readjust because I used the "free" jump pads so often.

Are the tops of walls supposed to support players? It seems a little strange that such a big person can stand atop the walls. :D
  17. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Walls have a very clear reason for being in a level: to reduce Line of Sight and/or Line of Fire. That they can be stood on top of isn't their intended use, but it isn't a glitch, it can be done, and I have no problem with that. I cannot find what the ledge behind Spunky is doing there.
  18. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I view it as a flanking route to bypass top and lane control, but it's useless if they hack thier left turret or firebase near there. Also does not do much if you don't have bot control. I love assaults that spend 15:00s camping that ledge with a bomb and not contributing at all.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

There are other ledges on other maps, some may not lead right to the enemy Moneyball but they are there. How about that one along the outside of the dome on Steel Peel that Hudson showcased in one of his videos?
  20. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

What are those ledges doing there?