Possible solution for current jump/hover and aim problem!!!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Ghostdog 360, August 26, 2010.

1. Ghostdog 360

Ghostdog 360 New Member

Frst of all...I LOVE THIS GAME!! THANKS TO ALL THE UBER TEAM FOR THIS GEM!!!!!

For those that have same issue as me when it comes to gunner and assault class.

Problem - The jump button (A) is used by the right thumb, which is used to aim (right thumbstick). Which makes it impossible to aim while u hover up (hold A button) while you are a gunner. You can only hover or aim, not both (unless you play twister with your right hand). The assault class can hover mid jump if u press A twice but you still cannot aim as you jump (which is the case for all classes).

Solution - Have a seperate control scheme where jump button is mapped to the left hand side on the controller. The left thumbstick perhaps and have option to switch it to left bumper (for those that accidently press left thumbstick when moving).

What are peoples thoughts on my solution and has anyone else got one?

I play shooters on pc and I think most people have space as jump right? I play with my left hand on movement and jump, right hand on mouse for aim. I think that for this quick style game where aiming and movement, need split second timing, that having jump ability on left is essential for gunners and those that like general assault type gameplay.

Peace!!
  2. Goose

Goose Active Member

Which is why we need bumper jumpers.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Almost all console Shooters control schemes are this way. It's extremely common therefore most if not all console shooter players are well adjusted to this already.
  4. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

It's not hard to hit A while aiming. But still, I would love bumper jumper for Assault.
  5. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

The thing is that not every console shooter has jetpacks with which you have to actually hold the button down with an important finger.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well the reason why the Assault can hover is because of his skill fly. I am pretty sure the Devs didn't want a Gunner or Tank floating around with ease...
  7. MeltsYurFace

MeltsYurFace New Member

I have no problem hovering while I shoot, I move my index finger off of the trigger to the A button, and put my middle finger on the trigger. I tend to do this with most games, i'm not sure what game started it but I always seem to move my index finger to push A when I need it.
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think you need to have hands of just the right size for that to work well..
  9. fatMasticator

fatMasticator New Member

cant you just hit y to hover then aim? i swear the thing toggled on.
  10. Sakori

Sakori New Member

The technique refered to with using the index/middle finger is very similiar to the the claw method used during the monster hunter series. I do it too, and it does ache a little bit the first time you do it. In games such as halo, and MNC where the jumping is a bit 'floaty', it become second nature after a while.
  11. BoltThrower

BoltThrower New Member

As an assault I am pretty sure the jetpack toggles on. I actually use the index finger method that the other guy posted.
  12. Ghostdog 360

Ghostdog 360 New Member

I'll give that index finger a shot and see if it helps, but it sounds really uncomfortable.

I know the jet pack hovers auto with Y button guys but I'm talking about jumping and hovering, like with the gunner and with A button for assault.

Anyone got any other solutions other than the index finger thing? And what do u think about my solution as in first post?

Peace.