Possible bug with armor

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, January 26, 2015.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I've been trying to make a rock paper scissors dox mod. 3 types of dox, each strong and weak to another. This is the setup:
    RPS.png

The problem is that the rock aka assault_bot does half damage to everything with AT_Rock, AT_Paper or AT_Scissors armour types. Similarly, paper aka bot_grenadier does normal damage to everything with these armour types, and scissors aka fabrication_bot_combat does zero damage. It appears that the first value is incorrectly used for everything. The only example of armor_damage_map having multiple entries in vanilla is the Uber cannon, which is unaffected as both use the same value.

I think I'm using the armor attributes correctly, can someone double check before I submit a bug report? Attached is the mod as it stands.

Attached Files:

2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I strongly suspect that you can't just make up armor types - you're going to have to pick three from vanilla that will have minimal impact on other things.
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Thanks, that was exactly the problem. I wonder why we can't define our own armour types.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I strongly suspect it's because the engine is in C++ and is using a fixed enumeration. In theory it could be rewritten to build the list at runtime, but if they've thought of it, that is way down the list.
    trialq likes this.