Possible "Balance" Problem

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ragnarok89, September 6, 2014.

1. ragnarok89

ragnarok89 Member

Hey all,

I've come up against a bit of a puzzle, and I was wondering if this is a known "bug". When I play Galactic War using the General Commander or the BACON Commander I sometimes find myself unable to complete a game. For example: I start in a multi-planet system, with at least 2 enemy commanders. At least one Enemy Commander is on another planet. Since neither the General or BACON have basic units, nor can they build a Satellite station by themselves, I am unable to build the unit required to leave the planet to go and attack the other Commanders. This is especially an issue early in the game, since General and Bacon have 0 and 1 slot respectively. So unless I get Basic Orbital, I'm stuck. What's the "fix?"

I also have a general gameplay question... suppose I have a factory and queue 2 Fabbers. When the first Fabber completes, I order it to build 5 Power Stations. When the second Fabber is completed, is there a way to make him join the existing build queue of 5 Power stations? I've tried right clicking on the Power Station currently being built, but Fabber #2 only works on that one and then does nothing. Meanwhile, Fabber #1 continues on building the other 4 stations.

Thanks .

Al
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

There is no solution. You dead, son.

Well, okay there is ONE solution but its success rate is unreliable. Make around 300 infernos and put them in astraeuses, then send them all to the enemy planet and pray to the holy Christ of gaming that you won't be instantly devoured by a quintillion T2 missile launching planes.
    Spoilers: you'll most likely be instantly devoured by a quintillion T2 missile launching planes.

If you're using BACON and got screwed over by the RNG, though, you're pretty much SOL.

Edit: also, just right click on fabber 1 while selecting fabber 2
  3. ragnarok89

ragnarok89 Member

Tehtrekd,

Thanks for the Build queue advice! I'll try that out now.

I've tried that astraeuses strategy, and I agree, 1% success rate at best. So unless you already have orbital, you're stuck. I'm going to mention that in the Bug forum. I finally found the last Loadout to unlock, and this is what happened to me. I guess I'll start over and pray I find the damn Khor system again. Thanks for the info.
  4. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

Wuts all this then?