possibilty of a story-esque mode?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ElfControl, October 29, 2010.

1. ElfControl

ElfControl New Member

hmmmmmmmmmm :?: :?:
  2. selkie210

selkie210 New Member

want
  3. BigMoneyBill

BigMoneyBill New Member

hmm i wonder how that would play out?
  4. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

A squad of clones break out of the MNC arena, and join a rebel army (along with some bots they took) and fight against the government that Mickey Cantor keeps referring to. (with the curfews and such)
  5. selkie210

selkie210 New Member

i was thinking something along the lines of like, since its a sport, a career mode
  6. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Please. What do you expect from a story mode from this game?

I imagine it would involve many games of Blitz or Blitz style games.

Some guy told me once that he didn't like Shadowrun because it didn't have a single player campaign. I asked him what the point of one in that game would be, since you'd largely be fighting AI's like you could in a bot match, and you'd be running around with purchased upgrades like a bot match, and the whole story is pretty much RNA vs Lineage for magic lol

The same here. Two sports teams compete against each other for wins in a dystopian future. The story is everywhere, you don't need it spoon fed to you in a single player mode. This is what I love about this game: The atmosphere is NAILED perfectly. Through the Announcer, crowd, and the natural arena style combat.

What story is there of Football? Sure, you can go back to its origins but to play football TODAY, you just get out there and play. MNC is the exact same.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

more blitz modes would suffice. maybe with more maps that focus and allow different feels of turret defence. like tower defence game maps do.

but as do-able as a story mode would be (kind of like a storyline tutorial for each class is what it probably amount to), he is right when he says that YOU can make an epic story every time you play crossfire lmao...
  8. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Maybe for a Blitz mode that allows for more freedom, every time you press D-Pad down you get a turret menu, and you can build anywhere that isn't the bot lane, bit more like a triditional TD game (but you get fire support.)
  9. selkie210

selkie210 New Member

wait a second... it may be a stupid idea but

what if it told more about where the players came from, something along those lines. at least more tutorials for each class
  10. DeceptiveAlarm

DeceptiveAlarm New Member

waste of time, cake is right , This is a mp game, if you what single player go play blitz ofline.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

the game could still use a tutorial for each class or something then. maybe the tutorials could be made into a complete "story mode" that includes their personality and where they are from. not too many people read into it that the support is cloned from leonardo da vinci.
  12. Cheesecakecrush

You get a tidbit of background in the "How to play" section, and the Character Bios on this site has "Notable DNA" as well. Profiles for Pitgirl and Mickey Cantor are available too.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

so you have to go find and read it? wow, thats so much more fun than playing a game, your right, never mind what we said :lol: :roll:
  14. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Looks like nobody have mentioned story bosses.

"Reach Level XX, now go kill Super-Support! He is 5x the size of a Support with 100x HP and he can put down 3 firebases at once!"

Now that would be kind of cool.

or even a Blitz mode where Wave 20/30/etc. would actually spawn a certain class!
  15. Cheesecakecrush

I think somebody has played too much Super Smash Brothers.

You+comp allies vs HUGE BOWSER. Arrrrrgh holy crap
  16. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

WIN.
  17. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Mickey Cantor's commentary tells the player just enough about the dystopian-yet-antiseptic world Monday Night Combat takes place in.

See Robocop or Max Headroom's universes for examples.

I'd like to see what MNC competes against in it's timeslot.
    Probably something like this, courtesy of Mike Judge's "Idiocracy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4jrMwvZ2A
  18. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Talking to one of the Devs on Developer day, they did mention Idiocracy as well xD Out of curiousity I wonder what Idocracy did for the game haha xD
  19. Mellowbusiness

Mellowbusiness New Member

You mean like TF2's story mode.

Man that stuff was epic, expecially the part went SPOLIERS

the spy goes inside the haunted mansion alone and sacrifices himself to kill the horseless headless horseman

SPOLIERS

I so wish i could play it again, but stupid valve made it so you can only play it one. Cant really blame them though because it will take you at least 80 hours to beat it.
  20. Moosk

Moosk New Member

this would actually kinda be cool. seeing as how all the players are clones, explaining why there are so many of a certain class out at once is easy peasy. :lol:

and getting a story for each class would be kinda cool, like seeing how they act outside of the arena between matches. actually, you could even leave out the story mode and just make videos.

kinda like:

VH2's Behind the Bullet: Assault