Poor Server Connection

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kingjohnvi, October 28, 2013.

1. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

The last few days I have had very bad lag from the servers, to the point where after 20 minutes I will sometimes have less than 1 frame per second. In 3 of 4 games yesterday, I was unable to finish them because the lag was so bad that I was literally unable to see any changes in the screen for over 2 minutes at a time. I think this may be an Uber server issue because other players have also indicated slow connections, and I have had no trouble playing other games online. It also noticeable in the lobby, where messages take as much as 10 seconds or longer to appear after being entered in the chat window. I have been primarily playing on the US server.

Have others had this issue with other servers?
  2. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

I have had a little bit of lag at times but usually only late in the game and it's only hung around for a little while before resolving itself.
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I'm working on testing some things to see if i can improve game issues client side.
    what kind of video card is in your system and are you using windows?
  4. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

Hmm, well it has actually been better today. It may have been just a poor connection the last couple days. It isn't a video card thing, I have played plenty of lag-free PA games. That being said, to answer your questions, Windows 7 Ultimate and an ATI Radeon 5800 series.
  5. maxpowerz

would you like to test my performance booster to see if it improves gameplay,
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-performance-booster-v2.53233/
    I originally developed it as a fix for ATI performance issues but it evolved into a all card performance booster in the end.

---edited---
    It has help with some of my server drop outs too, but they may not be directly related :p
  6. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

I am fairly certain it is a server connection issue, and your performance booster seems to adjust graphics settings as opposed to internet server connections. That being said, if the problem crops up again and tohers are not concurrently having the same issue, I may just give it a shot.
  7. maxpowerz

yes my mod is just graphical noting else,
    i use it myself mainly because i prefer higher frame rates over effects, im like that with all my games.
    if you do try it let me know if it does anything to improve performance :) the more feedback i get the more im able to improve it to suit all systems.