Poll on control scheme

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by neutrino, August 13, 2010.

?

Which controller scheme do you use?

1. Standard

230 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Tactical

43 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Would use SouthPaw

8 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Would like another alternate

50 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

they already shot this down earlier, but understandably. they have to make sure EVERY configuration works:
    ~20 buttons * ~20 controls = metric butt-ton of testing.

Could we get a different location for juice? maybe left stick? i have died many times trying to activate juice with the two buttons, only to reload instead.
  2. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

Fully-custom controls would be pretty awesome. Best of all would be fully-custom controls with different schemes for each class. Advanced control settings, I guess?
  3. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

all i can think of is imagine how deadly the assault and tank will become in the hands of someone who is good with a onza controller when they come out...you can have charge and bomb on the 2 extra buttons...
  4. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Charge on left shoulder button. Skill upgrade on right shoulder. Imagine the clutch-passive possibilities.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

oh man.. I never heard of that. I want one NOW. Bumper-jumper tank/gunner and aimed-lunge assassin here I come!
  6. Ahlen

Ahlen New Member

Months later, still no southpaw stick setup.

It honestly can't be that hard to code. And it's seriously ruining any enjoyment I might have had.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

They announced it
    http://www.uberent.com/blog/2010/10/mon ... -part-iii/

>> Added South Paw and South Paw Tactical control schemes.
  8. lapin

lapin New Member

I want to be able to customise everything. I use Tactical because i can call bombs for tech faster. But other functions are not so accesible. I'd like to switch X and L2. Because i want to switch weapon faster and don't need hack skill on quick key
  9. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Switched to tactical about a week ago and I must say after the initial few days of getting stupid deaths from being used to the regular controls, I like it a lot better. Makes everything easier and also weapon switching and reload makes sense in conjunction to other games.
  10. SkizoFrantiK

SkizoFrantiK New Member

I would really like to see an option to customize the controller. I play a gunner and it would really beneficial to be able to put my jump button on the right thumbstick so I can exploit the flying a lot more. (I find that the more difficult gunners to play against are the ones who can pull this off, it allows a gunner to fire on the way up, and down.) I started doing it with the standard setup. It is difficult, but doable. I have to use my index finger to hold down jump and my middle finger to pull the trigger. I'll admit, I have not tried to use the tacticle setup yet. I may give it a whirl. :mrgreen:

EDIT:I made the suggestion that it would be great to be able to action map before reading that it was a pain in the *** to certify it. I would just like to have the option to HOLD DOWN MY JUMP BUTTON WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE MY THUMB OFF OF THE RIGHT THUMBSTICK!!! :mrgreen:
  11. Perfidious Sinn

Perfidious Sinn New Member

I switched to Tactical after my first week of play. It's similar to most FPS games I play and felt much more natural than the default setup.
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Aside from a map any action to any button control scheme, I'd like to jump with LB and switch weapons with A. I can claw when jetpacking, but why force a player to contort their hand when a new control scheme could be given?
  13. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

bumper jumper would be nice. Maybe somehow integrate a tactical bumper jumper too? A being blue skill would be kinda awkward though. :lol:
  14. F5in

F5in New Member

This is what I came into the topic to post. :O

I use tactical right now but I see no harm in adding a Bumper Jumper (should be easy) and a Tactical Bumper Jumper (might be a little harder) into the game. :D
  15. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I switched to Tactical about 2 weeks ago. Use it for every class but Assassin.
  16. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Standard because I like matching colors.
  17. salomdi

salomdi Active Member

i would love custom remappable buttons.
  18. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

all i want is to make my jump button one of the bumper buttons.
  19. F5in

F5in New Member

Should be able to make left bumper Jump and left thumbstick in and A blue skill.
    Last edited: February 17, 2011
  20. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

THIS.

I made a topic about this in the wishlist section, but it looks like this thread is noticed by quite a few more people.