[plese close, redundant thread] Steam Early Access should..

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by buck3tface, June 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

Reading through the steam page forum page relating to the early access, the general attitude is very toxic & think will only get more damaging for PA & Uber Ent in general. I suggest removing the early access & replacing it with a pre-order option, with if possible a beta access option in there for those that want to fork out $60 for that. This would mitigate some of the wroth that is being generated at a $90 early access on steam.

By all mean keep the option on your website & link it in the steam pre-order for those that want to go for it but the steam community is just not used to this kind of payment model & expects a discount for alpha testing, even if there are extras thrown in on top.

So i suggest Uber provide the $40 pre-order with the extras already provided on the equivalent on their website & a $60 pre-order with beta access & all the other stuff offered with its equivalent on the Uber site as well.
    Doing so would mitigate some of the backlash & provide the option for people who really want to get alpha access to do so, just on the Uber site instead of steam.

Either that or provide alpha access at $30 but without any extra stuff...
    Last edited: June 16, 2013
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Re: Steam Early Access should be replaced with $40 pre-order

They are #3 in the steam topsellers and the press is reporting about PA in a positive light. Who cares for some trolls in some forum ;)
  3. veta

veta Active Member

in hindsight... probably the better approach, cat's out of the bag now though.
  4. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

well i haven't seen any of that so maybe it's just a minority, albeit a very vocal & upset minority who fear that a new precedent has been set for steam early access prices.

I'll have to look into it. I think it really boils down to the lack of options on steam at this time.

yeah though i thought Uber would be offering all the options available on their website for purchase of the game in steam, unfortunately it seems like that was not possible.

anyway i guess if the situation isn't as bad as i thought then this should just be disregarded.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

You guys say this as if we get to choose this. We asked to have the pre-orders up there and they won't let us.
  6. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I pay 82.99 euros on steam and agreed with it
    i think iff players want to acess a early game with this quality they have to pay or else they wait ,i don´t see any issiu or you pay or you wait!
    1 way or other iff any one want to pay - 50 euros its just wait to the and.
    and many ppl on steam agreed..
    Keep listen to testers because we are like this game...
  7. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

I'm starting to think we need a offical thread stuck at the top and rest link to it and closed they all end up the same most of the time any way.
    So we can have all the intresting posts float back to the top.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Nobody reads Stickies, otherwise people would Search and use the Topic Index or Confirmed Features List.

Mike
  9. nossalamis

nossalamis New Member

On another thread in the forums a mod said that they tried to do a tiered thing but it conflicted with some of steams policies. That being said just getting the game onto steam will keep the naysayers out for now and when the beta and final come out people should start crawling out of the woodwork and see what we have been playing during their time complaining.

They did a similar thing with firefall, albeit not as high priced but still something similar.(And that's an MMO/FPS which has dynamically generated 'quests' if you will for the time being until later this year they start the story line.

Paid a hundred bones for that and two hundred for this. I trust these guys will make the right journey to finish the game and I look forward to joining them on this journey.
  10. buck3tface

buck3tface New Member

I understand that for some strange reason steam won't allow you to have both early access & a pre-order offering. Then again it seems as if there are a few things that need some evaluation as far as steam policies go.
    I had just come from the steam forum, having just experienced a torrent of ill will toward the game & felt that this was the general case. I briefly looked to see if there were any posts of this nature but didn't see any, so i posted.
    It seems that I was mistaken on both accounts, that it's just a very vocal minority on steam fearing that large publishers will charge full price from alpha through to release.

I was worried this game would be unfairly, likened to The WAR Z but it seems that there are actually still more reasonable people out there than those that think the world has been thrown upside down.

So far loving the game, & looking forward to getting all my friends into it come release. :)

Also could this thread be closed/removed since it serves no purpose. thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.