"Please verify your game files"

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by davidstill, September 27, 2013.

1. davidstill

davidstill New Member

I downloaded the launcher when the beta was released, everything worked fine, but the game won't start. Every time I click play it tells me to verify my files, but that doesn't help. I found another thread saying that you MUST have 64-bit, but was that just for the alpha, or is it true for the beta too? I have Windows XP.

Is it just the 32-bit/64-bit thing that causes my problem, or could it be something else? Will the final game work on 32-bit?

thanks

EDIT: oh, now I found all the threads answering my question... sorry!
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Windows XP is not supported and probably won't be able to run the game.
  3. davidstill

davidstill New Member

That seems to be the case... I'm not going to argue that XP is NOT an old system, but this really is the first time I've come across something that I wanted on my computer that didn't support 32-bit. Welp, I guess now is as good a time as any to upgrade!
  4. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

As far as I know 32 bit is supported on Windows 7 and 8.
  5. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

There are certain memory restrictions on xp 32bit that do not allow for the no unitcap that PA has your ram is gunna get eaten up pretty sharpish!

Im on x64 windows 7 with 8 gigs of ram and man it eats that rather fast to! If x32 xp support does come it wont be until right at the end when their done working on performance issues
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

WinXP is not supported and most likely will be never supported. It's official developers position.
  7. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Yeah, sorry. XP is kind of dead. Most of the legacy support is going to virtual machines.