Please don't let the 66% offer be a trick, Uber

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stonewood1612, August 19, 2015.

1. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Dear Uber, I know you are a fan of ridiculous discounts, and I know for sure that PA Titans is going to be on sale during the next steam autumn and winter sales, but please, don't put a bigger discount on it than 66% during those next sales. (flash sales okay maybe, but not for the entire sale period)

The 66% off for people who own the base game is a very nice offer :), but I realize it is a limited offer. It ends on october 18, which is most likely right before the steam autumn sale. Now if the game happens to be on a bigger discount (for everyone) during that period, that would be very disappointing. And a lot of owners of PA, who bought Titans right away, could feel like they were ripped off. Turning into more complaints and less trust in you as a company...

So I really hope this 66% off limited offer isn't a trick to get it now, while it could be on a bigger discount if you just waited a little more than 2 months (which is not much! It really isn't!). So please don't, 66% is a nice offer already. Wait at least until New Year before putting it on 80% off, then you can go all nuts you want. Please. (To be fair, who puts brand new game on a big discount for everyone right after release anyway? It makes people wonder if you're having financial problems.) Do it for the sake of avoiding more useless and stupid complaints.

As for me, unless you promise it won't be on a bigger discount right away, I'm going to wait. More than two months and see if it was a trick or not. And then I'm going to come back to this thread and either cry of joy that you listened, or call myself an evil sorcerer because I predicted something. :oops:

If you want my 13 bucks right now, instead of a smaller amount just a little bit later, then speak up. :D

Approach this in a smart way, I trust you.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I can definitely agree with this. =)
    radongog and Remy561 like this.
  3. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

Also, putting PA into sale few days before you released Titans wasnt nicely done either..
    EDIT: I was wrong, nvm
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
  4. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

You know why people pay more for games at release? Excitement. If you're not excited enough, go get hype.

There's always a bigger sale. That's how this works. That's how Steam works. If you wanna wait, you'll save money.

But 66% is a great deal at release, and being angry over subsequent sales would be stupid, because you'd have had two months of discount enjoyment (the best kind of enjoyment) on the chumps who didn't get in on this.
    radongog, stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  5. eroticburrito

They did that so that more people would qualify for this 66% off on the expansion.
  6. squishypon3

Noo no, subsequent sales are fine, just a little rude to make a sale so soon after aye? =o

I know it's completely arbitrary as when is an okay cut off, just saying. XP
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  7. squishypon3

This is true, due to it being at a sale you'd ultimately pay less for PA:T than you would have otherwise.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Why? Those people can now upgrade to titans for 13$ I think.
    radongog and ace63 like this.
  9. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

As far I know Titans now costs 13$ for everyone, doesnt matter if you own game or not.

Edit: As far I know now I was wrong before and it's only on sale for people who own PA.
  10. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

They put their game on sale before releasing the expansion that is heavily discounted for people that own their game!
    WHAT MONEY-GRUBBING CORPORATE WHORES! :mad:
    Geers, radongog, cptconundrum and 2 others like this.
  11. eroticburrito

It's sickening, is what it is. These big indie companies bullying us all into paying for their tribute bands to 1990s games nobody even remembers.
    tehtrekd likes this.
  12. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

No, it is not 13$ for everyone, only for the owners of PA.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yep only on sale if you own PA.
  14. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I always thought the original PA was on sale too much and too early with huge discounts. This lowers the perceived value due to the game probably being very cheap again very soon. I hope PA:T manages to keep its value higher for a longer time! :)
    stonewood1612 and stuart98 like this.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i know there is some bs going on with steam (i think) but i still think the discount for non kspa owners should be 75% instead 66% to simply fit with the pricedifference between titans and vanilla PA ...
    Last edited: August 20, 2015