Please check my specs

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dud10982, October 10, 2013.

1. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

Could someone see if my computer can run PA? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. fergie

fergie Member

Its a laptop, its built to do what laptops do, decent CPU pretty good RAM so you can watch videos, chat on IM, and have a few programs open..... honestly there its not awful...but that integrated graphics card is gonna hold you back, but it is at least a decent integrated card

How well does it run other games? what newer games do you have and what settings can you play with decent FPS?

Honestly right now the major pull on your computer is CPU and RAM, lots and lots of RAM, as no unit cap can get rough.... with 8GB you should be fine up to med large maps (4+ planets with 6 players) your card could reduce that just a tab but, i think you will be fine.

I know for sure you could play pretty smooth in a 1v1 or 2v2 on just 1 or 2 planets in system, and could always try to push the limits and see what kinda lag and loading times you get. its still worth picking up, as a 5 planet system is a huge game. it really should be for like 6 or 8 or even 10 players heh
  3. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

The only games I play on PC are RTS, so I have all the C&C games and Starcraft 2. I don't care much for graphics so I run them all on as low as possible for speed. But thanks for checking, appreciate it.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I checked your hardware configuration. I might say that I have laptop with Intel HD3000 and game fairly playable on it for 1v1. It's have only 10-25 FPS, but for RTS it's not such problem. When alpha only started Intel HD4000 was set as minimum card devs want to see game playable on.

Still, if you want to play with stable framerate like 30fps you probably need to wait a bit more, but your hardware definitely met minimal requirements.

PS: No mater you'll buy PA or not update your drivers. Download and install "Win64_153117.exe" from here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106
  5. dud10982

dud10982 New Member

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.