"Plays best on Alienware"

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RaTcHeT302, September 11, 2012.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

[​IMG]

Wait, is Alienware a sponspor for PA?
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Some needed context;

[​IMG]

Can be found on the arse-end of PA's KickStarter page. Scroll down... a lot.
  3. thedbp

thedbp Member

I'm completely okay with them wanting to scrape some extra money together but it would seem more acceptable if the money they get from the add count towards the stretch goal(s?).
  4. wizzything

wizzything New Member

I find it funny how it says "plays best on Alienware", while the game itself not even finished yet.

Besides AlienWare is dumb in general.
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. molloy

molloy Member

If Alienware were prepared to pay them to have units called Auroras and X51's I wouldn't care to be honest. So long as they're not glowing blue like badly modified boy racer cars.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The t1 aeon tank in supcom is called aurora anyway ;)
  7. Kogies

Kogies New Member

It is more probable that Uber get there computers from Alienware at a cheaper cost (if not free) so long as they let people know as above. I suppose if it is developed on Alienware, it does "play best" on it.

The thought that any unit may be named after an Alienware product haunts me.
  8. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Does Uber as a whole maybe have a sponsorship agreement with them?
    i.e. Pre-dating PA and encompassing anything they do.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

While I don't buy packaged computers (building is so much better), if AW wants to support an awesome independent developer in making games; I'll think that much higher of them for it.
  10. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I don't like gaming laptops, just for the fact that they cost an arm and a leg, and can't really be upgraded easily besides RAM, like all laptops.

But if Alienware is willing to throw some money at Uber for them to put a sticker on the PA page, more power to them.