Playing the game further even when the commander falls..

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kainzal, July 3, 2016.

?

What do you think about this Option's ??

1. The game should be like it ion this point ..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. it would be fine if there would be something like this you describe in the text below

100.0%
  1. kainzal

kainzal New Member

Hello all.. sorry for my english, but I try it.. I am from austria and I like PA: Titans very much.. is one of the best RTS I have ever played.. maybe the best.. the potential is here, definitely.. but there is one thing out there that disturbs me.. it is the commander.. how fast it can the game be over when he falls.. I dont like it.. i think there should be an option to play the game even than further, when he falls.. .. or maybe a massive bunker, maybe atomic-bunker, where you can put in some units like the commander which has a really big resistance against enemy fire.. .. please think about it..

..and sorry I have written something wrong in the poll.. it sould be stand there:
    "The game should be like it is on this point.. "

..dont know how to edit it..
    Last edited: July 3, 2016
  2. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

• That would defeat the purpose of the commander and the game. Planetary annihilations was designed around the commander. It's your starting and most valiable unit. PA, different from other rts games, doesn't have a playstyle where every structure needs to be destroyed like C&C. It would be almost impossible to kill every structure after 15 min on a multiple planet system, trust me.
  3. kainzal

kainzal New Member

than the commander should be much more stronger.. or maybe an upgrade .. in later building tree, where you can upgrade it to double or more power ..

..but I think it sould be more stronger even at the beginning .. .. I dont like when the game is often so fast over.. it takes a lot of deep for me of widened tactical deep .. .. please think about that.. ..its a great game, without question.. but this takes a lot of potential for the game itself, thats my experience with the game over 90 hours playtime..

the commander is a too weak point in the game.. ..it should be stronger.. in a good chess game it takes also longer to set the king checkmate.. .. but in planetary annihilation there are so very strong units later in relation to the commander, which can kill the commander extremly fast.. too fast.. in chess there are not in relation so overpowered units... ..or maybe only one (the queen) on the board and the two towers.. in PA you can build a lot of "towers" .. and the commander has than no chance .. even if you keep a good defense in base ..

.. or maybe a bunker atomic building or kind like this where you can put the commander in it .. .. i like games where you can play over an hour or much longer.. and PA should be one of that game, because it has a extreme tactical potential which should be put to the maximum with a stronger commander for example..
    Last edited: July 3, 2016