Playing on 3G iPhone Wifi

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by xshammas, December 30, 2013.

1. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

http://www.twitch.tv/shammastv
    What I've noticed so far is that I teleport a bit, but all my bullets register perfectly and I definitely take less damage. Definitely easier than playing on a normal connection.
  2. xshammas

Clipped out a couple things.
    Assault-

You can really see that even though I teleport and lag sometimes, I take little to no damage to bullets and turrets. I only really die to grapples. Yet somehow all of my bullets connect pretty well.
    Sniper-

Same thing pretty much.
    I now understand how certain players can just run around in the middle of the map and think it's a good idea, I would too if I had this internet. I also played tank for a game and it was basically the same. I barely took damage and my weapons were relatively the same, but poor railgun registration.
    One of the biggest observations is that you can challenge for a good 2-3 seconds and do solid damage without taking any. You start to take damage in chunks after this point, so as long as you pop out quickly you're a god.

In conclusion, worse internet has its hindrances just like good internet, but with periods of invincibility it's definitely better. This concludes today's study, maybe more will be done in the future.
  3. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Was your internet suffering from freezing temperatures and the great outdoors? If not this test proves nothing.
  4. xshammas

It's cold outside and my phone was in the window, so yes.
  5. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Next test is assassin deadpool grapples
  6. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

You're 3G connection looks better than my connection
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Ssshhhhh, you are ruining Purple Scratchy's secret!!!
    Also, LB for bomb? Uh, oh, Shammas is on pro controls!!
  8. xshammas

You've never heard me plead the case for tactical controls before?
  9. RandomToon

I have. I just didn't see the point to it because it didn't move the jump button.
  10. xshammas

But allows you to hit more than one thing while jumping. Specifically for assaults, you can jump, aim, shoot, throw a bomb, fly, and charge all in one motion. As a tank you can jetpack, shoot, aim, shoot grenades, and charge all at once. And swapping weapons and reloading are way easier, and my juice never glitches like it does for some people.
  11. RandomToon

I have large thumbs so I do that anyway. Usually not on purpose, but never the less...
  12. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I've never tried and I don't know if I even ever bothered to look. X becomes LB, what does Y and B change too?
  13. murkyduh

murkyduh Active Member

Y becomes RS, B becomes RB, MELEE becomes B, Y switches weapons, and X is to reload... I think that all of it
  14. xshammas

15. patema

patema Active Member

Default layout is for noobs.

Play on tactical. It took me like a day to get used to it. Not that hard.
  16. xshammas

It'll make a difference of like 1 kill per match, but it's worth it. If that's the stat we're going with, it's probably earned me thousands of extra kills.