Playing for fun

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by JaneWayne, December 22, 2010.

1. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

What games do you honest to goodness JUST play for fun? Not for leaderboards. Not for beating someone. Not to let out anger. But a game where you sit there with a couple buddies and laugh your *** off at how much fun you're having, even over the dumb and silly moments.

I just played a ton of MNC with Sah yesterday and MW2 the day before and that was honest to goodness fun. I don't remember our scores because they didn't matter. All I remember was us running around laughing our asses off getting kills and getting killed. Honest to goodness REAL gaming in my opinion.

When was the last time you did that and who was it with? Hopefully we can get a list of gamers who are willing to play games for fun and have fun laughing and joking the way through no matter what, scoring be damned and laughing be blessed. I want to find more people who do this and game with them as well.
  2. Hako

Hako New Member

I used to play split-screen games with my brother a lot and it was just fun. Recently, I played Vindictus with a couple of friends and we just found everything hilarious.

I play MNC for fun, I do care about score and stuff but I only ever check at the end of a match and I don't normally care if I win or lose unless it's a steam roll.
  3. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

If you're all about the fun then I'd love to play a game with you then! :D
  4. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

I always had good fun playing Micro Machines splitscreen with 3 friends. Anyone who played this knows what I'm talking about :D
  5. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

OMG Micro machines was amazing! Loved that game xD Had so much fun with it!
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The most recent fun I've had was playing Black Ops zombies with a few old friends. I have been friends with this group of players for, at least, 5 years and I met them all over Xbl. I kid you not one of them is a 60+ y/o grandmother and she is a riot to play with.

As for some solo fun, no pun intended, I love to play shoot 'em ups, aka shmups. One of my favorites on Xbla is Omega Five.

As far as MNC goes that's all I do. Play to have fun. :D
  7. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

Most fun i have is playing rock band (especially singing vocals and playing drums)
  8. BabelFish

BabelFish New Member

I have a lot of fun playing Bayonetta. It's a pretty fun game in my opinion. I beat on every difficulty a long time ago, but playing through it multiple times is still enjoyable.
  9. DeadStretch

That reminds me, I have Bayonetta but barely played it. I have been meaning to free some time up to play it but I procrastinate on that a bit too often.
  10. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

Me and about three other friends spent an entire day playing CoD BO using only voices from the dragonball abriged serious.I got stuck as Guru so I had fun yelling at Nael in my guru voice anytime something stupid or funny happened. One quote that was my favorite

Me"Nael.....I saw a claymore....go step on it"
    Friend acting as Nael"But guru then I'd Die"
    Me"Nael....Don't question me"e"
    Random other friend as goku"And all the brain damage....And all the brain damage."
    Me"Nael...Shut him up.."
    Nael"But guru you told me to get the claymore."
    Me"Nael....I saw a fish....That is all"
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

12. Hako

Hako New Member

You must lead a very depraved life. :roll:
  13. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I love Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the PS2. Probably just because it lets you play as Deadpool :) . I beat the game like 20 times, and I never got tired of it.
  14. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

I play MNC for fun, mostly when I'm bored. If I can find someone to play with me then fantastic, because this game is excellent for friendly shenanigans.

R6 Vegas 2 is another game I play for giggles. Its the only game I've come across that my dad likes playing, and so sometimes we terrorist hunt together for a couple hours. Exhausted the maps like woh by now, but we still have a lot of fun.
  15. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I love playing MNC with you and Vira you guys are hilarious and so much fun!

A game I just got into is Ilo Milo or something, anyways it s fun and soooooo cute! Gotta give my thanks to Ian for it though :D He's also fun to play MNC with as well.
  16. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I play this game for fun, i suck when it comes to kills and leaderboards
  17. Ian

Ian New Member

ilomilo is great!
  18. DeadStretch

I have heard a lot about ilo milo and I don't know anything about it. I never even knew it was a game until like a few days ago where one of my gaming news websites had a review. lol I was like oh that's a game? I guess I should check it out.
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

Well you can't! We haz 1337 early access
  20. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

Last time I had super amazing fun on Xbox was when I brought my box to a friend's, set it up on a T.V, got his brother and a couple friends on XBL to play MNC with us. The plan was to all play Support, but our friend from Florida picked Tank. So we followed him into the enemy base healing him. The other team just kept shooting him for some reason, not us. He took down the turrets, brought in the bots and then we set up a nice little Firebase campfire round the moneyball. Probably one of the funnier moments I've had on Xbox, and probably one of the fastest Crossfire games. :D