Playfab Port build 110552 is now live!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wyao, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyao

wyao Uber Employee

Hello Annihilators!

We have just updated the game to make use of Playfab. The game was built using Ubernet as its backend, which later became a part of PlayFab. Since the Playfab acquisition, Ubernet will no longer be supported by Microsoft. To make sure we can keep the game going long term, we are required to transition to PlayFab technology.

What does this mean for you as a PA or TITANS player? Hopefully this will be a seamless transition and the game should function as it has in the past. But, with something as complex as replacing the whole back end system in the game, we do expect a few speed bumps along the way.

Here’s what you can expect to see in the new build:
    1. A popup appears explaining what information we collect as a PA or Titans player, also asking you to verify that you have read the Terms and Conditions and that you are over 16 years of age
    2. When you login to Ubernet and we detect you do not have a Playfab account, we automatically create a new Playfab account and transfer all of your Ubernet account information to it (Inventory, email, display name, etc.) A popup appears when this process occurs to allow you to migrate your password
    3. There is a new button in Settings>Gameplay that allows you to delete your Playfab account if needed or request a copy of your information
    4. The sign-in fields at the main menu now looks for your account on Playfab first, then Ubernet if we don’t find a Playfab account. This will cause the process of getting player names to be a little slower at first, but this will speed up as more people migrate over to Playfab.
    5. The UberLauncher still uses your Ubernet account until we complete the migration
    6. All multiplayer functionality should remain exactly as it was before
    7. Servers and Matchmaking will remain on Ubernet for the next few weeks
    8. Leaderboards, Friends list, etc. all search for player data in Playfab first. If that information is not found there, it then searches Ubernet
    9. Mods that get names directly from Ubernet may fail to display Names for brand new users (since they are only on PlayFab)
    More work will be coming in the near future to complete the migration to Playfab and we will be keeping everyone up to date on the process.

If you encounter any issues with your account after you migrate over the Playfab, please feel free to reach out to support@uberent.com and we will assist you as soon as possible.

-The Uber Team
    Last edited: June 2, 2018
    Remy561, andreasgg, stuart98 and 3 others like this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I started PA via Steam, accepted the conditions and was asked to enter my username and password. While I alt-tabbed to my password manager to get them PA closed without displaying an error, then when I loaded PA it didn't prompt me and showed me as signed in.

So, uh, did it port me?
  3. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

So, basically your porting got interrupted and the porting didn't finish correctly. Go to Settings>Gameplay>User Data and delete your user data, relaunch Steam, then login to the game again and you should be able to run the migration again.
    Clopse and Quitch like this.
  4. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I used the stand alone launcher on my PC, selected the latest stable build and clicked "verify". Afterwards the descriptive text from 110069 remained although Stable 110552 was listed at the top.

[​IMG]

I started the game from PA.exe Clicked through the privacy statement and went into Settings. Seems that most, but not all of my settings were changed, including the settings from installed mods
  5. ghostdraggin

ghostdraggin New Member

When I launch Titans from steam, a SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT (0x80090325) error is thrown after trying to connect to playfab. I have tried restarting steam, uninstalling PA:T, as well as turning off my firewall, and none of those have worked.
  6. wyao

wyao Uber Employee

@lulamae Thanks for catching that, should be fixed now!
  7. lulamae

New text now showing in launcher.

Friends list empty.

[​IMG]
  8. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

@ghostdraggin Were you able to see the new terms pop-up window?
  9. ghostdraggin

ghostdraggin New Member

Yes, I did see it once. It errored out as soon as I agreed.
  10. lulamae

Community Server no longer visible.
  11. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

@lulamae can you try to quit out and relogin to see if your friends list shows up?
  12. lulamae

No change, but interestingly enough, 3 names show up under "Recent"
  13. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

Do you remember how many friends were in your list approximately?
  14. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

@lulamae Try this to see if it fixes your friends list. Go to Settings>Gameplay>User Data and delete your user data, relaunch Steam, then login to the game again.
  15. lulamae

I'm thinking 20-30
  16. lulamae

I am using a non-steam version. Would that matter?
  17. lulamae

Done, but the only change is now the "Recent" tab is also empty.
  18. kelwin99

kelwin99 Uber Employee

OK. Our engineer is looking into your issue to see if he can solve the empty friends list problem.
  19. lulamae

After I deleted all Playfab data, all of my settings reverted to default. In the keyboard settings, both "Select all Combat Units" and "Select all Land Combat Units on Screen" were assigned Ctrl+Shift+F6. I believe "Select all Combat Units" should be Shift+F6
  20. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

upload_2018-5-25_2-27-3.png

Ended up getting locked into this screen after leaving a game, UI refreshing just reloaded the same page. Was also seemingly independent of resolution. log attached.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.