Player Spawns

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Kaihn, July 4, 2013.

1. Kaihn

Kaihn New Member

See, at the time, only one planet is available. The planet isn't exactly gigantic (in terms of units, anyway). Perhaps, when other planets and perhaps a whole solar system was implemented, could players pick their spawns from the entire solar system, or perhaps just from nearby planets? The games happen just too quickly and armies cannot expand enough (in my opinion, of course) on the same planet as other players. Could spawns eventually be all around the solar system in a game?
  2. duffles22

duffles22 New Member

I think that's the general idea the devs are aiming for. Having spawn points all over the solar system. Although I am curious to find out if there are going to be multiple spawn points in a solar system with multiple points for each planet (like it is right now except with more planets to choose from), or will we only get one spawn point per planet for each planet in a solar system.

Or maybe planet spawn points are random throughout the solar system with some planets where there are no spawn points and some planets that have multiple ones.

There are ups and downs for each one, maybe someone could create a new thread with a pole and we can all discuss this in great detail.
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Let me just say, hell yes.
  4. turroflux

turroflux Member

Good work men, pack it up.
  5. scifiz

scifiz Member

Hang on, not before they finish making it.
    Also, what about women? *points to UberClaw* (as example)
  6. Omegacomet

Omegacomet New Member

Yeah and this will probably extend the games out longer also.
  7. Kaihn

Kaihn New Member

Isn't that good? Whenever I played a Starcraft game it went on for 30 minutes to an hour and a half. I have to say though, scouting will be quite a hassle.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

It's good, if you want longer games, it's bad if you want shorter. The idea is that via planet generation you'll be able to craft games the play about to whatever length is appropriate for you but in the end the game will be designed around a standard time frame that is the overall goal and focus of the game's design.

Mike
  9. Faijin

Faijin New Member

I'm getting really sick of close spawns on single planets. It isn't a hard problem to solve. Really makes me sick that it hasn't improved at all. FIX IT. Thanks.
  10. ickli

ickli New Member

This is an awesome idea! It would also add more reason for people to build interplanetary launchers, just to be able to fight with other players. I think the spawns should be random and be limited to rocky planets only so that the gas giants, liquid and metal planets need exploration. Spawning on moons should also not be implimented to enable a wider array of expansion opportunities.
  11. ickli

ickli New Member

Let's not forgets there are no tier 3 units or buildings yet. Considering the aim to have 40 player games I think we can expect better radar and scouts, perhaps even scout satellites!
  12. turroflux

turroflux Member

They will fix it, by making you spawn on another planet.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

.....What Tier 3 units? PA has 2 Tiers.

Mike