Plans for Windows 8 leaked

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, June 29, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

They JUST released 7! Why are they starting this rotating door of OS' now?
  3. Col_Jessep

MS is planning to release a new OS every 3 years. So it will probably be every 4 years. It looks like they will be offering a 32 bit version again as they said the wanted to support 'every' PC.
  4. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

An OS is not an easy thing to make, just because there is info on it doesn't mean it will be coming soon. Besides, what else did you expect them to do now that 7 is done?
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Make it work? I kid, I kid ... I like windows 7, but I'm surprised this has "leaked" so soon.

Maybe Windows 8 will have a Microsoft Kinect program for recording?
  6. Col_Jessep

I don't think so. That would tank on the PC I think. What they really should make is a standardized networking interface for online gaming. That would really help the gaming industry. Not that MS is particularly interested in PC gaming... :/
  7. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

NEVER happen.
  8. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Microsoft has been working on Win8 since before Win7 shipped. just like Win7 was being worked on before Vista shipped. also, Windows 7 was released 8 months ago, and had betas/RCs out for a further 8 months beforehand.

remember that Moore's Law is based on an 18 month cycle, so a new version of Windows is two whole generations of computers. if Windows 7 is for your computer, then Windows 8 is for your computer's grandchildren.

elaborate.