Planetary System Design Ideas/Scenarios

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by benja, May 30, 2013.

1. benja

benja New Member

Ok so the alpha will soon be upon us and while obviously the alpha will be severely limited in available features, I thought it would be a good idea to start brainstorming planetary system layouts.
    For example a map based on Jupiter's moons or a map based on Alderaan's final moments :twisted:.
    Basically post your crazy map creation ideas! (to pass the time)
  2. kmike13

kmike13 Member

Im just looking to play on a one planet, one moon system with maybe a few asteroids. Ill pass on multiple planets until i can get the hang of one sphere.
  3. antillie

antillie Member

A hyper realistic model of our solar system. Perhaps with some of the distances between things scaled down a bit. That way Mars really can attack.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Playing on a replica of our solar system would be ace. I will take Uranus. Don't worry, I'll be gentle.
  5. antillie

antillie Member

[​IMG]
  6. benja

benja New Member

Actually, puns aside, Uranus would be an excellent map system by itself...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Uranus
  7. treign

treign Member

i have plotted down many good ideas already. All of which are theoretical in nature right now because im not sure what tools will be at our disposal and what rules we are bound by.

I have made some good ideas with interesting orbit rotations.
    I have laid out some interesting apocalyptic game-ending scenarios where orbiting planets intentionally collide with one another or where a large neutral planet will strike the sun at say... 45:00min game time.
    Ive toyed with numerous ideas where players start 1v1 on multiple moons orbiting one of many similar planets orbiting around a sun, resulting in a massive 48player type tournament style battlefields.

The ideas are flowing...
    i just need to know what rules i have to follow in order to use that subjectively and creatively when designing new battlefields.

I know the game will auto-gen you a solar system. But i wish to design well-balanced maps for tournaments that also add a certain level of creativity. At some point i will prolly host large-scale tournaments and i would like to add my own spice into the gravy. I dont think i will find the level of detail i desire from an auto-generated anything.

I also want to throw EasterEggs into some of my maps. Like human inhabited planets or a moon in the far stretches of the solarsystem that has an insane orbital rotation speed. Or maybe even an AI player that starts on his own planet and gets to rise to power unchallenged.

There are so many ways to mix up the game now...
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

9. relena

relena New Member

Personally I plan to try and make our star system with Pluto as a death star. Not calling it a planet is something they take kind of personal out there on Pluto...
  10. benja

benja New Member

Dude... That is far out!
    Nice :cool:
  11. Nelec

Nelec Member

ACK ACK ACK!